Series 2 volume volume too low from digital to analog converter

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by raystrans, Sep 22, 2011.

1. raystrans

raystrans New Member

May 12, 2001
    Fort Worth,...
    I have a Series 2 TCD540 and a Channel Master digital to analog converter. The converter reduces the audio volume more than the TV volume can compensate for. I have had this problem with more than one converter so replacing this converter seems to be a poor gamble.

I also have a Lepai LP-2020A+ stereo digital amplifier.

So … can I insert the Lepai between the digital to analog converter and the TiVo?

My concern is damaging the TiVo. If this is a bad idea, is there another low cost way that I get useable audio into TiVo? I don’t want to put the amplifier between the TiVo and the TV because we transfer shows between TiVos.

Thanks

2. GBL

GBL covert opiniative

Apr 20, 2000
    Twin Cities, MN
    A DTA's audio volume level is usually adjustable as I found out with my Comcast DTAs when I had the same problem you are having. The procedure to adjust the volume level was poorly documented but solved my problem.

3. raystrans

raystrans New Member

May 12, 2001
    Fort Worth,...
    Thank you very much for your help. I dug out the DTA remote and it has a volume control! I Didn't think of that and that scares me.

Thanks again

4. unitron

unitron Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    That's a power amp, designed to have speakers hooked to it's output. Not usually a good idea to run one into line inputs instead.

Not saying it can't be done safely, but those who know enough to know how know enough not to need to ask.

Glad to hear that there was a "remote" possibility of a workable solution.:)