Series 2 to Tivo hd

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by Tonyeo, Sep 1, 2007.

1. Tonyeo

Tonyeo New Member

Jan 28, 2007
    I currently have a Series 2 Tivo and I really want a Tivo hd ($299), but I still have time left on my monthly subscription, can I just transfer the sub over to the Tivo hd and not use the series 2 anymore or do I have to have a new subscription.

Tonyeo

2. EVizzle

EVizzle ^^MacGvyer^^

Feb 13, 2005
    St. Paul, MN
    you can transfer... I would recommend keeping the S2 active at least for Tivo To Go and using the multiservice discount which is great, but if you don't want to, yes you can transfer to the new guy...

3. Tonyeo

Tonyeo New Member

Jan 28, 2007
    EVizzle I see that your in St Paul MN so am I, do you have any experience with comcast and Tivo hd ?

Tonyeo

4. EVizzle

EVizzle ^^MacGvyer^^

Feb 13, 2005
    St. Paul, MN
    Tonyeo, no experience with the Tivo HD, I decided to get the Series 3 and it works great! I was worried about pixelation and the slightly larger hard drive convinced me. I wasn't able to get any feedback from any THD users with Comcast in MN, but the S3 works flawlessly. My cable cards are Motorola, and I believe that Comcast here only has Motorola, so less chance of a problem with pixelation, but soon it will be straightened out and be great.