Series 2 recording HD signal 2/3 screen when TV is turned on?!?

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by BobShuster, Nov 7, 2007.

1. BobShuster

BobShuster New Member

Nov 7, 2007

Advertisements

I'm not sure how to describe this - perhaps one of you will have experienced this and have some insight for me! :) We have Comcast digital cable with HD (Model DCT6200/2005), a Sharp Aquos set, and a TiVo Series 2 box. Since a recent visit by a Comcast tech and also a restart of the TiVo box, we have an odd problem.

We can record the signal from an HD channel on our non-HD TiVo, and it plays back fine. However, sometimes when the TiVo is on an HD station, and we then turn on the TV, the screen goes into a sort of split screen mode, with about 2/3 of the picture on the left, then the first 3rd repeated again on the right. If we back up the TiVo any time before the TV was turned on, the picture is fine, but any time after turning the TV on we get this split screen. We can fix it by changing the channel and back, but we then lose the previous half hour on the TiVo. Worse still, this also affects scheduled recordings.

All the cable tech was supposed to have done was replace the splitter, but he was messing with settings on both the TV and cable box. I've checked every setting I can find on all three units, to no avail. Help!

2. BobShuster

BobShuster New Member

Nov 7, 2007
    CORRECTION: I noted when this just happened now - the screen is actually more like the right 2/3 of the full signal on the left, then the 2nd 3rd repeated on the right. Make sense? So if 1, 2, and 3 represent thirds of what *should* be the complete picture, my display shows 2,3,2 in that order.