Series 2 parts

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Joe01880, Sep 15, 2011.

1. Joe01880

Joe01880 I love my TiVo

Feb 8, 2009
    Boston
    I bought a used Series 2 at a yard sale last weekend for 3 bucks. It looks like new. I bought it for the remote, cant buy a replacement remote for 3 bucks and one can never have to many extra TiVo remotes.
    The lady I bought it from said it had monthly service on it and her boss gave it to her the beginning of the summer and her boss never cancelled the service. I plugged it in today to see if it works on an older CRT TV I have, no ethernet plug on it just a phone jack. It booted up and worked good. I called TiVo to check to see if by chance it had Lifetime service. TiVo verified it is on a monthly subscription, does not have lifetime service and the monthly subscription is still active. I guess the ladies boss has never terminated the service. Nice guy I guess. I told TiVo i would not be making any changes at this time.
    I wont be using it for its TiVoness already having a TiVo HD and a Premiere but does the Series 2 have any parts that might be usable to either one of my other units, i.e. fan, Power supply or anything else. Its remote works my premiere just fine.

2. dwit

dwit Active Member

May 4, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Many/most of the Tivo brand Series 2's and Series 3's(including the Tivo HD) have the same fan.

3. Joe01880

Joe01880 I love my TiVo

Feb 8, 2009
    Boston
    Thats good to know, thank you!

4. unitron

unitron Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    You should have posted the model number, somebody here might make you an offer on part of it you can't use, like the power supply or the working drive with image for that model.

If it's a 540 I could use the little guy off the front if it hasn't already fallen off.

5. replaytv

replaytv gun talk ignore list

Feb 20, 2011
    Denver ish...
    Give it to a friend that is poor to use with converter box, or tell the lady that you bought if from to tell her boss to cancel the subscription. Maybe she will get a raise. A shame to have the subscription to go to a waste.