Series 2 has disappeared

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by HarleyRandom, Feb 22, 2021.

1. HarleyRandom

HarleyRandom Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2015

Advertisements

This isn't like when the Roamio can't find the Bolt and the information about it isn't as clear as for the other two.

The Series 2 is literally gone!

I turned on the TV it is connected to and it's recording, but apparently when I finally get around to watching what I record, it'll have to be in the less comfortable chair because it looks like I can't transfer.

2. HarleyRandom

Sep 17, 2015
    And this doesn't seem to work either.

TiVo Online

When I try to select the Series 2 or the Series 3 to transfer from, nothing happens.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2021
  3. Mr Tony

Mr Tony formerly known as "unclehonkey"

Dec 20, 2012
    Mankato, MN
    ahhh first world problems :confused:

4. LarryAtHome

LarryAtHome Active Member

Feb 18, 2008
    Most problems I see with my series 2 are fixed with a power cycle.

5. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003

Advertisements

I don't believe that either of those older Series are supported for TiVo Online transfers.

Separately, what is the DVR to which you're trying to transfer from the Series 2, and what software version is it running?

6. HarleyRandom

Sep 17, 2015
    Roamio, but I don't know anything about software versions.

7. HarleyRandom

Sep 17, 2015
    Which means?

8. dlfl

dlfl Cranky old novice

Jul 6, 2006
    Dayton OH
    You’re SOL.

I have a “problem” with my Series 2 also. It’s been sitting in a box in my basement since I replaced it with a series 3 HD model in 2009. It used to bother me that the S2 would reboot itself once or twice a year. If only I had known the problems I was going to have with the TA, and other things, running the HD! (Of course there was no other choice if I wanted HD — and soon thereafter my cable co dropped analog channels.)

Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
  9. HarleyRandom

Sep 17, 2015
    Well, I can always watch episodes on the Series 2 itself. The chair in there is actually more comfortable except for a problem with my right hip that can't be fixed until after COVID. Every time I thought I could, it wasn't so bad and not worth going through that experience. But any chair with arms leaves me with pain in that area afterward.

10. LarryAtHome

LarryAtHome Active Member

Feb 18, 2008
    Unplug the power cord, wait a minute or two, then plug the power cord back in.

11. bam1220

bam1220 Member

Feb 17, 2016

I feel for you. I get severe pain in my left hip if I don't sit on a hard chair. No more recliners for me. Hurts too much. Doctor says it's my psychotic nerve. (sciatica nerve) I hope you feel better soon!

12. HarleyRandom

Sep 17, 2015
    I won't without medical intervention, but thanks.

The Series 2 has mysteriously reappeared. I found it when I needed to transfer something FROM The Bolt.

The only thing I did was turn the TV connected to the Series 2 and check to see if it was recording and save what did.

13. cannonz

cannonz Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Next time you can't see it unplug the network cable to it for a couple of seconds, will show up.

14. HarleyRandom

Sep 17, 2015
    I made a new discovery. When the Series 2 was missing, so was my name. My name was back when the Series 2 was back. My name is missing now. I'm not even sure what that means but I think it's the desktop.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2021