Series 2 - Green light not coming on

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by ekoast, Mar 26, 2011.

1. ekoast

ekoast New Member

Mar 9, 2011

Advertisements

I have a tivo series 2 that I picked up as a donor unit for my original series 2. It turns out that I was able to fix my original series 2 and am now considering using the donor for a different room in the house. (Donor has no subscription at all)

Here is the issue (if it is an issue..not sure)

Donor series 2 goes through the welcome screen and power up fine. I can get to all the menus just fine. The amber light acknowledging the remote blinks when pushing any of the remote buttons but the green light is not on at all. Is this a problem? Assuming that it functions properly could the green LED be burnt out?

Before I set up any service on the donor unit, I want to try to make sure, I'm not walking into a technical issue that will bite me down the road.

Thanks,
    Eric

2. ekoast

ekoast New Member

Mar 9, 2011
    Please disregard, I re-seated the ribbon cables and all LED's are functioning again.

Thanks,
    Eric

3. ekoast

ekoast New Member

Mar 9, 2011
    Ok, now further confused, just before the TIVO welcome animation comes on while booting up, the green LED goes off and stays off, but everything still seems to be working well.

Could it have anything to do with the fact that it does not have active TIVO service?

Any input is welcome.

Thanks,
    Eric

4. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    The front panel lights may have been turned off in the settings menu.

5. ekoast

ekoast New Member

Mar 9, 2011

Advertisements

ThAbtO you're awesome, that was it! I didn't know that was even an option.

Thanks again,
    Eric