Series 2 DT records with no audio

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Newbie46, Sep 22, 2007.

1. Newbie46

Newbie46 New Member

Sep 22, 2007

Advertisements

Sometime in the past week or so, the audio stopped recording on channels above 100. I can watch those channels on TIVO, but if I try to record, I get no sound. I have an HD cable box, and an HD TV. I have made sure each cable is pushed in all the way.
    In the last week or so, Charter added a new channel. I have restarted my TIVO. Like I said, this was working alright until a week or so ago.
    Any suggestions?

2. Da Goon

Da Goon Registered Abuser

Oct 22, 2006
    What cables are you using to connect the two? Have you tried other cables?

3. Ruth

Ruth Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2001
    Anchorage,...
    Have you connected your cable box directly to your TV to rule out a cable box problem?

4. Soapm

Soapm Active Member

May 9, 2007
    Aurora, CO
    Also, check the audio setting on the cable box.

5. Newbie46

Newbie46 New Member

Sep 22, 2007

Advertisements

Thanks for your response.
    I found out that my motorola 5100 has only one set of outputs, so I needed to split the audio output. Got some y-cables from Radio Shack, and now I've got sound.

6. ra610

ra610 New Member

Oct 13, 2007
    Did you have success with the new cables? I plan on getting a Charter HD cable box this weekend and have a series 2 tivo unit and an HD TV. Was not sure this was going to work and do not want to buy a Charter DVR. I'd like to have the right cables ready to view an HD picture on my HD TV and still use my Tivo to record/control programming. I know the recording will not be in HD quality. Thanks in advance for your input/advice!