Series 2 DT - FiOS - copyright flag on all shows

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by EJ647, Oct 25, 2015.

1. EJ647

EJ647 New Member

Sep 24, 2005
    Hi all,

As of September 1, 2015, all shows on my Series 2 DT have the copyright (broadcast) flag set. Shows that were recorded prior to that date do not have the copyright flag set. I have Verizon FiOS with the Quantum system where the Tivo is on a TV that has one of the client Arris cable boxes. (It also does not change channels properly to channels ending in 00 but that's another problem.) Does anyone know if there is a fix for this?

Thanks!

2. unitron

unitron Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    Doesn't it have to convert the shows to analog to be able to get them into the S2 DT, either through the line inputs or as a phony NTSC channel fed into the RF input, usually as Channel 3 or Channel 4?

How can the S2 even know if the flag was set in the digital version?

3. ggieseke

ggieseke Well-Known Member

May 30, 2008
    Macrovision.

I'd try rebooting the Arris cable box, then the S2. If it still copy protects all new recordings you'll have to complain to Verizon. They should only be protecting Fox channels and HBO.

4. EJ647

EJ647 New Member

Sep 24, 2005
    A very belated thank you, ggieseke. It is indeed Macrovision. I was getting tripped up by the fact that sometimes that channel doesn't get changed properly so it looked like the flag was being applied inconsistently.