Series 2 DT and Motorola DCT700 Channel Changing Issues

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by outofline, Jun 10, 2006.

1. outofline

outofline New Member

May 25, 2006

Advertisements

We got our first Tivo (a series 2 DT) a few weeks ago and have been having a lot of trouble getting it to work property with our Charter-supplied Motorola DCT700 (DCT700/US actually) cable box. The DCT700 does not have a serial port on the back so we're using IR.

The problem is that if we try to change to channel 5 for example (hit 0-0-5-enter), the Tivo guide turns to channel 5 but the TV either takes 10 seconds to change to channel 5, or ends up at channel 50, or some other channel. I've gone into the channel setup and set most of the channels to use the cable not the box, but the lineups are not the same so there are some channels we want to use the box for instead of cable.

I've found others with this problem (google DCT700 and Tivo, I can't post links yet) but none of the codes they listed have worked any better. Has anyone here gotten their S2 DT Tivo to work properly with a DCT700?

On a side note, the DCT700 is too small to have IR cables above and below it, so I have one directly on top the the box instead. Does that matter?

Thanks for the help!

2. BJ411

BJ411 New Member

Jun 5, 2006
    yep it does matter! it needs one above and below..

let me offer you this link incase any of this post helps:

http://forums.tivo.com/pe/action/forums/displaysinglethread?rootPostID=10250574&returnExpertiseCode=

as for using one remote for some channels and another for other channels,, i am only guessing but i think you need to let the tivo box setup to work all channels with the tivo remote...

even though i did this and use the tivo remote, i'm still able to use the cable box remote if i want to.. although my cable box is not the same as yours..