Series 2 audio flucuation

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by buscuitboy, Nov 30, 2011.

1. buscuitboy

buscuitboy Member

Aug 8, 2005
    Atlanta area
    I have a Series 2 TiVo that is hooked up to an external Scientific Atlanta Explorer 2200 digital cable box (w/ Comcast). Since Comcast in my area recently went all digital, I had to change its configuration so the TiVo is integrated with the cable box in order to get all my subscribed channels. The Tivo can get standard analog channels 2-30 (straight from the wall jack). It then accesses the cable box (with the "eye" controller) for channels 31-78. I have it all configured properly and everything is working good there.

However, one problem I have noticed is that when the TiVo manually tunes in digital channels from the SA 2200 box, they are significantly lower in volume. I am constantly having to adjust the volume if I go from analog stations (ch2-30) to digital stations (box ch31-78).

I know what you are thinking; the box volume is too low. I did check the volume output directly in the settings for the SA 2200 box and have it at its max. so I know that isn't the problem.

Is there some sort of setting in the Series 2 TiVo that would allow the adjustment of the unscarmbled analog channels its getting? I couldn't seem to find any. Or any other suggestions on what is going on here (either through the SA box or through the Series 2 TiVo)?

2. ggieseke

ggieseke Well-Known Member

May 30, 2008
    There are no internal volume settings in the TiVo.

I would suspect a bad cable box, or bad cables from the box to your TiVo.

3. buscuitboy

buscuitboy Member

Aug 8, 2005
    Atlanta area
    OK, I FINALLY figured out what was going on here. The cable box's audio setup had an option for audio to be "TV Speakers" (as well as stereo and mono). Selecting this seemed to help & the audio isn't all over the place as much.

Now, I'm not really sure WHY this would do it, but it was previously on Stereo. I didn't think this was really needed to be changed, but I guess so.