series 1 sony wont connect after wireless broadband upgrade

Discussion in 'TiVo Upgrade Center' started by casa69, Aug 1, 2007.

1. casa69

casa69 New Member

Nov 21, 2003
    Chester...

Advertisements

Here's the dealy-o. I upgraded my series 1 sony successfuly with two 120gig hard drives. My next upgrade was to connect to my broadband cable wirelessly with an airnet card and thats where things went bad. I installed the software, installed the card, and the wireless pc card but was unclear how to get it to connect. So I came here. I don't know if it was bad advice, lack of knowledge or even a combo of both. I was told to open telnet and ping the box. I did and TiVo "blinked" it shut down, rebooted and since then I could no longer open telnet, and the box never connected. :( It still works as a manual recorder but I want it to work again. I did this more than a year ago and the box has been collecting dust ever since. What kind of damage did I do to it? and is it repairable? Can anyone here fix it for me? I have two series 2 Tivo's 1 single tuner, and 1 dual so I'm not without a TiVo, just want my old box to work.
    Thanks
    Craig

2. ciper

ciper Active Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Try changing the dialing preferences to normal and connecting it to a phone line to see if it works. If you eventually decide to get rid of it I'd love some spair parts for my sony!

3. casa69

casa69 New Member

Nov 21, 2003
    Chester...
    well I no longer have a subscription on it. will it let me know if it can connect even though it doesn't have a active subscription?

4. ciper

ciper Active Member

Nov 4, 2004
    I would assume "make test call" would work but I can't say for sure because I've always had lifetime status.