Series 1 Records, but no video, only audio

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by lost_in_nj, Aug 26, 2007.

1. lost_in_nj

lost_in_nj New Member

Aug 26, 2007

Advertisements

Hello,

My issue is that my trusty Series 1 records only the audio, not the video stream, from my satellite. It plays existing recording without a problem and shows the TV guide as always, but I have a blank screen when viewing Live TV.

I've recycled the box several times without any improvement. I did remove the Tivo from the Satellite_box->Tivo->TV scheme and the TV shows the satellite signal just fine, so I've narrowed the problem to the Tivo itself.

I'm using coax into the satellite box and composite cables from the Tivo to the TV.

Any advice is appreciated,

Lost In NJ :eek:

2. JacksTiVo

JacksTiVo TiVo User since 2001

Jan 7, 2006
    New Jersey
    It sounds as if the yellow composite cable is not properly connected from the TiVo to the TV, but you state that you do see the TV guide. If you are able to open the TiVo box, you'll need a Torx head screwdriver, I would reseat all internal connecting cables. After many years the contacts may oxidize and reseating will help the connectors make better contact.

If that doesn't help, you may have a component failure or a cracked solder point on the printed circuit board (mother board).

3. gastrof

gastrof Hubcaps r in fashion

Oct 31, 2003
    Potato and pen.
    I wonder what the Series 1 does when set up differently, such as getting signal by antenna, or by feeding the video in a different way. Is it still without a picture, getting audio only, in those cases?

4. lost_in_nj

lost_in_nj New Member

Aug 26, 2007
    Will give it a try. much thanks
    lost in nj