Series 1, how do we get the unit open?

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Maryroseberg, Jul 11, 2007.

1. Maryroseberg

Maryroseberg Maryroseberg

Jul 11, 2007
    Greensboro NC

Advertisements

OK it's a stupid question, but we removed 3 screws on the back of the unit, and case will not slide off. Don't want to damage anything but the hard drive has crashed and we need to open her up! It is aseries 1 Philips, Model # HDR612BK02.
    Can someone help? :(

2. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    Did you look to see if there were any screws on the bottom? :)

3. MungoJerrie

MungoJerrie Member

Mar 30, 2006
    Make sure you have ALL the necessary screws removed; not the ones surrounding the power supply, only the perimeter case screws. Put it on a non-slide surface like a floor with the front facing you and put both hands on the top of the tivo, give a gentle shove slightly down and back. I'm not kidding, it kind of locks in and just needs some help. Just don't press or shove too hard!

4. supasta

supasta Active Member

May 6, 2006
    Colorado
    +1

The S1 models seem to have a pretty tight fit on the lid. My DT unit's lids almost popped off themselves after removing the screws, but the S1s I've come across require a little brute force.

5. Maryroseberg

Maryroseberg Maryroseberg

Jul 11, 2007
    Greensboro NC

Advertisements

Thanks for the help, it did take some muscle to get it pried off, but it's open now and waiting for a replacement hard drive to arrive. Hope fully we'll be back in the world of Tivo then, if not we'll be back asking more questions! :)