Series 1 GSOD

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by Texish, Aug 13, 2007.

1. Texish

Texish New Member

Mar 17, 2002
    I assume this is just my Tivo. I got my first GSOD today. I have a series 1 Phillips Directivo. I've had it for about 6 years. I'm assuming it's the hard drive and probably won't recover, although I'm following the directions and leaving it plugged in and connected to the phone line. Just wanted to be sure nobody else was having this issue with the series 1 from a bad update or something. And if anybody else has any suggestions. Thanks.

2. Texish

Texish New Member

Mar 17, 2002
    Amazingly, my Tivo "fixed" itself in less than an hour, and seems to be working now. All programs and season passes intact. Never had a GSOD, so maybe that's normal. I'm a little concerned that the drive may be on its last legs though. But I'm back in business for now.

3. Dkerr24

Dkerr24 Lost in Big Bend

Oct 28, 2004
    Okla, USA
    Don't waste time. Buy a replacement drive and use mfstools to backup the old drive to the new one now. If you wait until the old drive dies (and it could die anytime now), you'll be dead in the water.

I have a fresh drive imaged and ready to swap for both of my Series2 DTivo units. When one of my drives dies, it will take me maybe 15 minutes to get up and running again.