Series 1 constantly enabling all Channels You Receive?

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by orome, Mar 27, 2006.

1. orome

orome Tribal Style

Dec 29, 2004
    Caversham...

Advertisements

My Sony SAT-T60 just started doing this, after three years of solid service and one upgraded hard drive. I'll clear out the channels I don't want, save those changes, double-check to see they're right, then come back 15 minutes later to see everything, and I mean everything, enabled.

If I didn't enjoy keyword wishlists and Suggestions so much, it wouldn't be as much of a concern. While DIRECTV advanced tech support didn't claim any knowledge of this, they were at least honest enough to note that their replacement DVR wouldn't be a fair replacement. :)

I glanced through recent threads here and didn't see this covered; if it's a system thing, like the regular "let's make sure everyone is stuck with the shopping channels" push, please direct me accordingly. If not, I'd appreciate any suggestions past the reboot-and-try-again stage I've covered. Thanks!

2. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    With the Series 1 DirecTV TiVo you can only do about 25 changes to the CYR list at a time. So do a group, exit, and then do another group.

3. orome

orome Tribal Style

Dec 29, 2004
    Caversham...
    (Sorry about the delay, been swamped at work)

That's good to know. I did reset the machine and was able to clear 'em out in bulk. Thanks!