1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sense8 6/8/2018 (S02E12) "Amor Vincit Omnia"

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by dswallow, Jun 9, 2018.

1. Jun 9, 2018 #1 of 12
    dswallow

dswallow Save the Moderatоr TCF Club

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    Practically every single scene managed to convey a huge sense of shared sensation among the cluster(s). I have to say the cast looked like they were just enjoying every minute of it. I enjoyed the wrap-up quite a bit. I'm sad we didn't get more, but I'm happy we got a great ending. Make sure you watch through the end credits, too. The behind-the-scenes stuff is also fun to watch.

PJO1966 likes this.
  2. Jun 9, 2018 #2 of 12
    Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    At times it felt like they took the plot for the entire third through fifth seasons and did a really good job of boiling it down to one movie. They REALLY raced through things by Sense8 standards! It would have been interesting to see what the third and fourth and fifth seasons would have been like with all that extra room to breathe...

3. Jun 9, 2018 #3 of 12
    JACKASTOR

JACKASTOR Active Member

May 26, 2011
    ONTARIO,...
    Disapointed though, it’s only 2 hours and not a season 3 not enough time to wrap this series up. :( This was one of their best shows.. and I don’t think they can ever get close to greatness again with another show, damn I’m gonna miss em..

4. Unbeliever

Unbeliever Random Nobody

Feb 3, 2001
    Altadena, CA
    I'm going to have to go find other stuff with Eréndira Ibarra in it. I already had Ingobernable in my queue before I realized she was in it. Time to up the viewing priority.

--Carlos "Fortunately, understands Spanish" V.

5. TAsunder

TAsunder Debates Ghee vs Gi

Aug 6, 2003
    Madison, WI
    I thought it was mediocre overall. This show got worse in many ways as it continued, but it was still introducing interesting characters and occasionally some interesting ideas. The good guy vs bad guy plot got worse as it continued, as happens with many conspiracy-ish shows. While I enjoyed seeing the characters and some of their interactions, this wrap-up spent way too much time on the dumb evil organization voodoo stuff. It did feel really compressed, like they had plot for at least another full season. They should have cut a lot of it out just wrapped things up early with all this dumb BPO conspiracy plotting and explored what it means to be a sensate more.

6. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    The show was originally intended to run five seasons, so this was apparently three seasons' worth of story.

7. Cainebj

Cainebj Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    Who is the person in the end credits with the bright red and pink hair/dreds?
    I am assuming that is one of the directors?

8. TAsunder

TAsunder Debates Ghee vs Gi

Aug 6, 2003
    Madison, WI
    Lana Wachowski matches that description. I wasn't paying close attention during the credits to say for sure.

9. PJO1966

PJO1966 Hi. What is this?

Mar 5, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    I agree with you 100%. I loved the last episode and didn't want it to end. There were a couple of times where I was wondering, "who is this again?". I should have re-watched the whole thing before watching the finale.

That was her, and she looked like she was having the time of her life. :)

10. dswallow

dswallow Save the Moderatоr TCF Club

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    Lana Wachowski

[​IMG]

11. Craigbob

Craigbob Active Member

Dec 1, 2006
    Land of...
    I finally had a chance to watch this. I'm amazed they were able to condense 3 years of story into 2.5 hours. A few thoughts on this:

The Kala/Wolfgang/Rajan triangle solution seemed really out of place. As Kala had made up her mind to follow her heart and not her head, and she loved Wolfgang, and never felt that for Rajan. It didn't feel natural to me just forced to give closure.

The Lacuna/Archipelago I'd have loved to see more of this and how it would have been fleshed out in coming seasons.

I love Bug as a character. So much fun.

I wish Lito had a bigger part to play in this as well as more about Capheus's political story. Did he win the election, I don't recall it being answered.

12. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    I suspect over three season that would have been developed enough to work...

All in all, I'm amazed they told as coherent and complete a story as they did, under the circumstances!