Selling Roamio OTA - Shows Past Due Amount Needed

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by DG3, Jan 29, 2018.

1. DG3

DG3 Active Member

Apr 7, 2015

Advertisements

Having bought a new Roamio recently, I let the other one lapse on service payment, knowing I was going to replace it. We actually watch my girlfriend's DirecTV more. Now I was trying to clear out the recordings, I get a message saying that the account is past due and service has been suspended. It also has a prompt to activate it for new service.

As Tivo's website is down at the moment, I can't check my account. I figured I was on a month to month basis, with no cancellation necessarily required. No pay, no service, and then ship it to someone who can activate new service.

But is there a cancellation required, and may there be an amount I have to pay before this Roamio will work for someone else? Maybe they kept it on past the due date for awhile, so some prorated amount may be due.

2. DG3

DG3 Active Member

Apr 7, 2015
    I can get online now. It shows the past due amount ($14.99) needed. I guess I'll just pay that and then cancel the account to get it cleared out for someone else.

3. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    You should probably start by contacting TiVo and officially cancelling service.