Selling My DVR80HS

Discussion in 'DVD TiVo Units (Archive)' started by pablopicasso, Aug 26, 2007.

1. pablopicasso

pablopicasso New Member

Aug 26, 2007

Advertisements

This is a great unit and I'm sorry to part with it (we're bailing out on cable TV).

Does anyone have any idea what these are going for nowadays? I bought it in January 2005 for $400, its has 1 1/2 years left on an extended warranty, and its in great shape. Never modified or had any trouble with it.

Is Ebay the best place for this item?

Funny story about quitting Tivo service. When my friend quit Tivo, they offered him the carrot and said he could have service for $6.95 a month, permanent (he quit anyways, same as me, dumping cable). A year later when I called Tivo to quit, I thought they might do the same for me, but they offered me the stick instead and said that if I ever came back it would be $16.95. :)

I sure miss my Tivo, best thing that ever happened to TV.

2. robomeister

robomeister DVD TiVo Expert

Feb 4, 2005
    Beltsville, MD
    A Pioneer DVR-810H-S will go for between $100 to $300 on ebay. If you have Lifetime TiVo Plus, then the unit might go for $500 or more. It all depends on how many are up for auction and how you describe the unit, etc.

Sorry to hear you are leaving the TiVo Community. You know you can use the Pioneer to record from an antenna input or from a satellite STB. It doesn't only do cable. Are you giving up on TV all together?

3. pablopicasso

pablopicasso New Member

Aug 26, 2007
    Giving TV up for now. Its just too much money for what you get. We only get one over the air channel air.

I may be back some day, but that will be years from now. By then I'll want a Series 3 or whatever is in the works then.

Is it really going to $16.95 a month for new members? Seems like Tivo is pushing their luck with that.

4. robomeister

robomeister DVD TiVo Expert

Feb 4, 2005
    Beltsville, MD
    If you only sign up for 1 year of service and pay by the month, then it will be $16.95. If you want to sign up for 3 years of service and pay all at once, that will be $299 or $8.31 a month. Depends on how long your contract is and how you want to pay.

Good luck on your ebay auction. I might even bid on it. :)

robomeister

5. pablopicasso

pablopicasso New Member

Aug 26, 2007

Advertisements

I wouldn't want you to have to change your tagline robomeister, besides I just sold it to a young coworker for $125, I threw in the USB NIC as well. What the heck, he's getting married in a could of weeks, its nice to know its going to a good home (sob).

If I were keeping cable, I'd commit to 3 years to get the $8.61 a month. That's a good price.

6. Arcady

Arcady Stargate Fan

Oct 14, 2004
    Philadelphia...
    I bought a DVR-810H on eBay for about $100, with Lifetime Plus. Of course, the hard drive was dead, so I don't think the seller knew it had lifetime.