1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Selling 2 Roamio Pro's w/ lifetime and 3 mini's w/ lifetime

Discussion in 'Buyer/Seller Area' started by scooby2, Dec 24, 2016.

1. scooby2

scooby2 Member

Dec 24, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    I'm selling the below as we no longer need them. Everything is in perfect condition. We downsized and went with two Bolt+ units. Please make an offer if interested.
    • Tivo Roamio Pro (TCD840300) w/ Lifetime and slide pro remote - $550 - SOLD
    • Tivo Roamio Pro (TCD840300) w/ Lifetime and original remote - $550 - SOLD
    • Tivo Mini v1 (TCDA92000) w/ Lifetime and slide pro remote - $100 - SOLD
    • Tivo Mini v1 (TCDA92000) w/ Lifetime and original remote - $90 - SOLD
    • Tivo Mini v1 (TCDA92000) w/ Lifetime and original remote - $90 - SOLD

I'll cover UPS ground w/ insurance in the continental US.

Feel free to contact me directly via email: andrew<AT>prowant.us

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
  2. megz1623

megz1623 Member

Dec 28, 2013
    Pm sent.

3. scooby2

scooby2 Member

Dec 24, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    I'll cover UPS ground shipping w/ insurance to the continental US.

4. scooby2

scooby2 Member

Dec 24, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    Bump Price drop.

5. scooby2

scooby2 Member

Dec 24, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    Bump

6. scooby2

scooby2 Member

Dec 24, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    Last price drop before I put these on Ebay.

7. kokishin

kokishin Member

Sep 9, 2014
    Silicon Valley
    Just want to thank scooby2 for his detailed communication, attention to detail, and follow through. One of the best online private transactions I've experienced. I purchased the Tivo Mini v1 (TCDA92000) w/ Lifetime and slide pro remote - $100. He shipped it quickly and it was properly packed in the original box with all accessories.

I received scooby2's Mini this past Friday. Both scooby2 and I had already contacted Tivo to switch the Lifetime Service from him to me. I have a Mini in the Master Bedroom with a MOCa connection to the Roamio Pro in the Living Room so I have prior experience with the Mini. I installed scooby2's Mini in my Home Office using an Ethernet connection since the cable tv jack (for MOCa) is inconveniently located in my office. I powered up the Mini and nothing happened. I switched the HDMI cable between the Mini and the TV. Still nothing. I then replugged in the Mini's power adapter but I flipped it 180 in the electrical socket and the Mini came alive. I jiggled the power adapter wire and connector but fortunately it remained electrically stable. I don't understand why flipping the power adapter with respect to the AC hot side and neutral would make a difference but it seemed to. I did not flip the power adapter back to see if it would repeat the issue because I didn't want to tempt fate.

The Mini went through its normal setup process as well as downloading the latest Tivo software release. Then the Mini requested the usual setup details such as naming it, using DHCP, etc. Finally, it tried to connect to the Roamio Pro in the Living Room. It could not find the Roamio Pro and the Mini remained stuck at that step in the setup process. I logged into my Asus router to check on the DHCP address for the Mini and it was properly assigned but the Mini was stuck trying to find the Living Room Roamio Pro. I have the Mini connected to a 1Gb switch in the Home Office which connects to a 1Gb switch in the Master Bedroom closet distribution cabinet which connects to an Asus router. I have the Living Room Roamio Pro connected to a 1Gb switch which connects to the same 1Gb switch in the Master Bedroom closet distribution cabinet. I've read where LAN switches can be problematic for Tivos (and Tivo Customer Service will not support Tivos running with switches) so now I'm thinking I might have to set up the Tivos with static ip addresses. Since the Mini was stuck, I power cycled it to reboot it and after the usual "almost there " messages, it successfully connected to the Living Room Roamio Pro! So even though I have the Tivos going though several layers of switches, using DHCP ip address, and I'm running a mixed MOCa (Master Bedroom Mini)-Ethernet (Home Office Mini) configuration, it all works! I'm a happy camper.

Anyone needing a Roamio Pro, I'd grab the one scooby2 has left to sell. He's a first class guy to do business with. Also, tip of the hat to @Mikeguy who pointed me to this thread.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
  8. jcrandall

jcrandall Member

Feb 8, 2017
    PM sent, interested in that last Roamio Pro.

9. jcrandall

jcrandall Member

Feb 8, 2017
    Just to echo the last poster - scooby2 was a great seller and the equipment was shipped and ownership transferred the day after payment.
    With us being close it was here the next day - which was awesome!

Enjoying it now and working great - thanks again :)