Selecting Part to Record

Discussion in 'DVD TiVo Units (Archive)' started by rbrogdon, Jan 20, 2006.

1. rbrogdon

rbrogdon New Member

Jan 18, 2006
    Hey,

I'm new to TIVO and burning DVD's so please bare with my ignorance.

I have a Humax DVD (DRT800) and wanted to know if there is any way to select what portion of a program to record from one that is too large to fit on one DVD? I have seen the ability to pick Part 1 or Part 2 but that appears that it only allows you to burn the first 2 hours as part 1 and then whatever remains as part 2. I have a program (the new season opener of 24!) that is 2 hours and 15 minutes long. A football game went over so the episode started 15 minutes late so I just extended the time at the end to record the whole program. Now I am stuck. The only DVD burner I have is the one in the TIVO so I don't know of an easy way to move it to my PC, edit it and then move it back in a format that would allow the TIVO to burn it.

Any suggestions? Remember, I am a TIVO/DVD newbie (not new to PC's).

Thanks for any assistance...Ray

2. petew

petew Active Member

Jul 31, 2003
    Pittsburg, CA
    The Humax supports TivoToGo as of Version 7.2, so you can extract the recording to a PC using Tivo Desktop. There then a wealth of information available on how to create a DVD from the .tivo file. The only problem is that you have to Burn the DVD from the PC, you can't copy it back and use the Humax.