Select Channel from Guide = Black Screen

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by AzFrtDog, Feb 15, 2007.

1. AzFrtDog

AzFrtDog New Member

Jan 17, 2007
    Scottsdale, AZ

Advertisements

I'm going to repost this because the last thread seems to have died without an answer. If I try to select a channel from the guide, either OTA or Cable Card, i generally get a black screen and no audio until i press either Info or Guide at which point everything appears normally. If I directly input a channel, all is fine. I have seen a few other threads with others having this problem but never have seen a solution. I have made 3 calls to support so far: First told me to redo setup.. no good.
    Second person told me to call Cableco and have them replace the cards which i refused to do. Today, i was told to reboot the unit which i also did to no result. Anyone out there found out the solution to this?

2. hookbill

hookbill Feathered Member

Dec 14, 2001
    Northeast Ohio

Have you got your S3 hooked up by HDMI? If so it's probably a handshaking issue. Not much you can do if that's the case except switch to component and see if that helps.

3. AzFrtDog

AzFrtDog New Member

Jan 17, 2007
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Yes I do. That's kind of what i thought also since it happens on the OTA as well. I think this whole HDMI thing is more trouble than it's worth.

4. hookbill

hookbill Feathered Member

Dec 14, 2001
    Northeast Ohio
    Most people say they don't see any difference between component and HDMI. I have HDMI and it works fine but I do occasionally se a delay while changing channels which I'm sure the handshaking thin.

If it bothers you that much switch to component. You should be fine.