Seeking Cox Tuning Adapter advice..

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by ramzeva, Jun 12, 2020.

1. ramzeva

ramzeva New Member

Nov 2, 2017
    Ever since Cox Cable sent a "construction in your area" notice on May 20th 2020 (Hampton VA) may affect your TIVO I have been going through tuning adapter hell. It simply will not connect it just gets stuck on initialization. I own both a TIVO Edge and TIVO Roamio and nither of the tuning adapters will connect, I have tried both a amplifier and without, also tried a few attenuator dongles thinking maybe the signal is too strong, it looks like my SNR hovers around 34 to 39, signal is 95 to 99%. Cox cable came out and replaced the coaxial connectors on their line and at the time the tuning adapters connected, of course as soon as they leave issues came back. I have read to simply get a new tuning adapter and cable card but there is NONE in the area, I know FFC mandates that its a option but they are acting like welp, none in stock. I dont know what to try next other then drop Cox Cable again and go back to Verizon but I had a lot of issues with Verizon as well before I switched. Anyone have advice for me?

2. Gary Jackson

Gary Jackson New Member

Mar 18, 2020
    I had similar issues in Macon, Georgia with Cox and getting a working tuning adapter. Had to file a FCC complaint. Took a few days and Cox Corporate contacted me, and sent their lead technician out. Turned out to be a problem at their end, and was fixed rather quickly. Whole process after filing FCC complaint took about 10 days.

3. ramzeva

ramzeva New Member

Nov 2, 2017
    Thanks for the reply. Im going to give them one more try, they refuse to come inside due to COVID so it makes things more difficult... I am going to setup a TV outside with the TIVO and let the next tech goto town on it, if this goes nowhere I will take the FCC approach.