Secrets and Lies s01e03 3.8.15

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Robin, Mar 15, 2015.

1. Robin

Robin Impolite arrogant woman

Dec 6, 2001
    Southwestern...

Advertisements

His handling of the flashlight is almost more than I can take. REALLY? Just hand it over to the detective. Immediately. Have you never watched a crime drama on television? And his hiding places? Oy. What could go wrong there.

2. gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da Bronx
    I gave up after the pilot. Glad you're confirming what a dumb show this is.

3. madscientist

madscientist Deregistered Snoozer

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA
    I agree he handled this really badly, but handing it over to the police would be a way worse idea. Cornell appears completely fixated on him, and there's simply no way she would not arrest him and charge him on the spot, and he'd absolutely be found guilty; the "if I did it why would I hand over the flashlight" defense would be easily spun by the prosecution. Once they have the flashlight they have motive, opportunity, and means (the weapon), with his fingerprints (undoubtedly). As long as they don't have it, it's all circumstantial.

He should NOT hand it over.

But he SHOULD do something else with it... not wrap it into a Christmas present! Does he have a furnace? Burning would be good, at least to get rid of all DNA evidence. He may have to rake out the leftover bits and do something else with them.

4. madscientist

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA
    I'm actually really liking this show overall. The thing I like most about it is that, while the people sometimes act stupidly, the show moves along really quickly. So much happens in a single hour that sometimes I think things that happened at the beginning of this episode must have happened at the end of the previous one.

That, plus the limited run, keeps me very interested. I recommend it!

5. Robin

Dec 6, 2001
    Southwestern...

Advertisements

I did like how it rolled out if the truck so it was legit that he'd have fresh fingerprints on it. Much better than having him see it and pick it up to inspect it.

6. laria

laria Librocubicularist

Sep 7, 2000
    Seacoast, NH

I KNOW!!!

This show is stressing me out every time I watch it from anticipation of what stupid thing he is going to do next!

7. madscientist

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA
    This last episode WAS too much. Will this guy ever learn that the conclusion he inevitably jumps to is invariably wrong, and that he could save himself a lot of grief if he'd just sit down and relax for a few hours instead of storming off across his neighborhood to confront someone else? Yikes.

Also, the guy who hired Ben to paint his house was so clearly a reporter: I knew it from the first minute they were talking.

8. Robin

Dec 6, 2001
    Southwestern...
    Yeah. He fares way better when he sneaks across the neighborhood to hang with his girlfriend.

9. laria

laria Librocubicularist

Sep 7, 2000
    Seacoast, NH
    Yeah, as soon as that guy hired him, I knew he was a reporter with an agenda.

Also, we get it... Ryan Phillippe runs. We don't need an extended sweaty running scene every episode! Unless he's going to put on some less baggy shorts and go shirtless. Then I'm on board. ;)

Man, how is he 40? He looks a lot younger than that... almost too young to believably have a daughter Natalie's age.

10. StrynBean

StrynBean Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2004
    DMV
    I am fine with the show being blah if Ryan Phillippe is in it.

I vote for more scenes with his shirt off. :)

11. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Umm, I think he definitely SHOULD turn it over.

I actually think he's NOT done the "stupid [suspected] criminal" thing in this show a bunch.

IF he's innocent, he should always turn things over that he finds. He *shouldn't* touch them first, that's a bad idea, but he should be helping the police as much as possible.