Second Tuner Blank on Tivo HD

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by RustySTL, Apr 6, 2013.

1. RustySTL

RustySTL Member

Feb 26, 2007

Advertisements

I've had two Tivo HD's for several years and recently (in the last week or two) both Tivo's have been losing the picture on the second tuner. I'll switch over to it and it will be blank. It has the show information and might even be recording, but the recording is never there in the end.

It seems to be intermittent, and not necessarily happening on both at the same time. Since its happening to both, I was thinking it was either the cable card or tuning adapter and not the tuner.

The cable company came out yesterday and changed out the tuning adapters and didn't do anything else. The cable guy admitted not knowing anything about Tivo's, I would have thought they would have sent someone experienced, but silly me. The signal coming into the Tivo's is great.

Anyone have any suggestions to look for or try?

Both Tivo's have been upgraded with 1TB drives several years ago and I'm using a Moca adapter for transfers. Those were installed a couple of moths ago and the tuner problem just started recently. I removed it from the system and still had the same issue.

2. unitron

unitron Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    It is a bit odd that both would have the same problem start up at the same time, although that's a apparently a problem to which HDs are vulnerable, but eliminate the possibility of power supply problems (capacitor plague) first.