SEC Alternate Channel - Tovo Shows SD only on Spectrum North Texas?

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by DFWHD, Sep 15, 2019.

1. DFWHD

DFWHD New Member

Jan 15, 2018

Advertisements

We're on Spectrum in the North Texas / DFW area and for two weeks in a row now when college football games get pushed to the SEC alternate channel (CH 385), they're coming across my Tivos as standard definition. Oddly, when you use the Spectrum app on our Apple TV, it comes in in HD. we've also noticed that BBC World News (CH 209) is this way as well. Why would Spectrum push SD via cable and HD via streaming? Anyone else experienced this?

2. PSU_Sudzi

PSU_Sudzi Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Philly suburbs
    Comcast pushes a lot of second tier channels as SD only like our Big Ten Overflow channel or FS2 and BBC World News. I don’t think it’s a TiVo thing, it’s based on your cable lineup.

3. DFWHD

DFWHD New Member

Jan 15, 2018
    Thanks. I just think it is strange that they have them in HD on their streaming app. I also just realized I need to learn to spell Tivo :(...

4. tenthplanet

tenthplanet Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2004
    Tovo, here Tovo. Tovo ?? Where is that cat anyway ?:D

5. PSU_Sudzi

PSU_Sudzi Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Philly suburbs

Advertisements

Their app probably uses internet protocol for the stream but on the cable itself they don’t have the bandwidth to add these channels as HD. It sucks.

6. unclehonkey

unclehonkey Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Mankato, MN
    yup
    the Fox College Sports stations (FCS Pacific, Atlantic and Central) are mainly carried in SD only yet the FoxSportsGo app has them in HD