Seattle HD locals?

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by tivoPaul, Jun 18, 2006.

1. tivoPaul

tivoPaul New Member

Oct 25, 2003
    Kenmore, WA

Advertisements

Are HD locals for the Seattle market available yet through DirecTV? I know that a new dish will be needed, and that the HD DVR isn't yet available....but can I at least get HD locals if I have the new dish installed? I think I had heard April at one point, but I haven't seen an update on this recently.

Thanks for your help...

2. litzdog911

litzdog911 TechKnow Guide

Oct 18, 2002
    Mill Creek,...
    I think they are now available. You need both the new 5-LNB dish and an H20 HiDef Receiver to view them. The HR10-250 DVR is not compatible with the new MPEG4 channels. Note also that DirecTV is only providing CBS, NBC, ABC and Fox local HDTV channels. You'll need an over-the-air antenna to receive PBS and other local HDTV broadcasts.

3. sealslayer

sealslayer New Member

Jan 30, 2003
    Woodinville, WA
    I haven't checked my receiver yet today, but as of last friday only NBC and CBS are available in high def. Currently, DirecTv's web site identifies only these two local channels as available for HDTV (via mpeg 4 capable receiver).

4. moonman

moonman New Member

Jul 21, 2004
    U.S.A....
    --------------------
    Yup.....from the website....The following local TV channels are available:
    KING/NBC and KIRO/CBS. DIRECTV is in discussions with the
    owners of the ABC and FOX affiliates and hopes to add these
    stations to the DIRECTV lineup in the near future.

5. UglyTuna

UglyTuna New Member

Aug 9, 2006

Advertisements

Is there any way I can mod my HR10-250 to pick up the MPEG-4 signals from the new satellites?

6. flynxx

flynxx New Member

Mar 9, 2001
    Centralia, WA
    No