Seasons Passes and To Do List Corrupted?

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by leftcoastdave, Oct 2, 2007.

  1. leftcoastdave

    leftcoastdave New Member

    174
    0
    Sep 4, 2003
    Monterey, CA
    I just happened to look at the to do list on one of my two HR10-250's and noticed that 14 of my 30 season's passes showed no episodes scheduled for the near term. I did a search and found no episodes for October 3 in several cases, but some (not all) episodes for October 10 and beyond were showing.

    I went to a second HR10-250 and reprogrammed the seasons passes into it and they all came up and correctly showed episodes for the next 12-14 days. I rebooted the "corrupted" HR10-250 but that did not correct the problem.

    Being a belt and suspenders kind of guy, I checked the same upcoming programs on my one and only HR20-700 and its guide correctly showed all of the upcoming episodes for my HR10 seasons passes.

    These missing episodes are not confined to just a few channels. I have missing episodes for programs on FX, AMC, NBC, ABC, CBS, Fox, PBS, HBO and Showtime and on various nights from October 3 to October 12. I looked into the history file for some clues and I saw everything from someone modified the season pass to this episode was shown in the last 28 days, but with no pattern across the 14 corrupted passes.

    I have no clue why this "malaise" have affected one HR10 but not the other.

    Is anyone seeing this sort of foolishness? And if so, is there any known remedy beyond duplicating the corrupted SP's on another HR10?

    (BTW, I considered deleting and rebuilding the SP's until I realized that I could not create new SP's because the unscheduled episodes were not showing up in the program guide on the corrupted HR10, so I guess the only known solution is to go to a back up machine.)
     
  2. JimSpence

    JimSpence Just hangin'

    30,905
    36
    Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    That unit has lost its guide data index. After the reboot you did, it can take up to 24 hours for it to re-index the data. Afterwards you should be able to create SPs. You may also try just moving one SP in the SP manager to cause it to re-index.
     
  3. leftcoastdave

    leftcoastdave New Member

    174
    0
    Sep 4, 2003
    Monterey, CA
    You were correct. The repopulated guide showed up the next morning and all of the SP's are active again.
     

Share This Page