Season Passes not recording

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Drewdroid, Apr 26, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Drewdroid

Drewdroid New Member

Jan 18, 2015
    nyc

Advertisements

Very strange thing, I've added Game of Thrones and Silicon Valley to my season passes and both don't record. When I search for the shows in the guide they actually say "no upcoming episodes". Why does it lie and how do I fix this?:mad:

2. b-ball-fanatic

b-ball-fanatic Member

Aug 5, 2003
    Northwest
    Is our guide data up-to-date? Is your TiVo making successful service connections?

If the data's there, look in your history for anything about these programs. Then check your OnePass settings....how many to keep, the channel it's looking to record on, etc.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
  3. Drewdroid

Drewdroid New Member

Jan 18, 2015
    nyc
    I fixed it. When I went to the SeasonPass settings (RCN hasn't given us the update yet, so it's still SeasonPass and not OnePass), not only did it say "No upcoming episodes --[an evil TiVo lie]", but it also was set to record on "any channel available." I thought that last choice was odd because it didn't show an HBO channel choice.

What happened was that on my main box, the HBO channels were somehow all unchecked... so despite appearing in my guide and being able to be tuned to... I guess the Tivo was ignoring it. Once I went into Settings... Channels.. and checked the HBO channels, everything worked properly.

Gotta be careful with the check/uncheck stuff in the channels settings area because it isn't so obvious when something is wrong in there.

4. octroy

octroy New Member

May 19, 2015
    I had the same problem, the channels were not checked. Thanks