Season Pass Show didn't record

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by wbradney, Dec 17, 2011.

1. wbradney

wbradney New Member

Mar 3, 2003
    Verizon FIOS Freehold NJ

I have a season pass to English Premier League Soccer on FSP (1009), which is recording most instances just fine, but today it did not record Blackburn vs West Brom at 2.00pm EST. This was not live, but was the first run.
    The guide shows:

1009 FSP 2.00pm Sat 12/17 English Premier League Soccer Blackburn Rovers vs West Bromwich Albion

When I look at the "Recording History", it shows:

English Premier League Soccer Aston Villa vs Manchester United on Sat Dec 17, 2.00pm 1009 FSCPL
    This episode was not recorded because the same episode appeared in the Now Playing List or the To Do List within 28 days of this broadcast.

Note that the match referred to in the Recording History (Aston Villa vs Man Utd) was actually broadcast (and recorded) two weeks earlier (Sat Dec 3rd), and the channel name in the guide for 1009 (FSP) does not match the channel name in the Recording History (FSCPL).
    What's going on here?

2. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    DID you record it on the other channel?

If the Tivo THINKS it's the exact same show, it's irrelevant that it was on different channels. (I consider this a GOOD thing.)

3. wbradney

wbradney New Member

Mar 3, 2003
    Which other channel? There's only one channel 1009, yet Tivo seems to refer to it by two different names, depending on whether you're looking at the guide or the recording history, and the recording history clearly shows the wrong details at the time in question.

Anyway, the show (listed in the guide) definitely did not record on any channel. The show referred to by the message in the recording history had indeed already been recorded (about two weeks prior), but that wasn't the show that was actually being broadcast at that time (according to the guide).

When I realized that the show was not recording, I looked at the guide and it was showing the correct information.

4. scandia101

scandia101 Just the facts ma'am

Oct 20, 2007
    MN, greater...
    The guide was most likely updated via the daily connection just before the match aired, but the indexing had not completed in time.

5. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    oh sorry, I thought FSP and FSPCL were two separate channels, not different names for the channel

6. wbradney

wbradney New Member

Mar 3, 2003
    That doesn't sound like a very robust algorithm. I've been using TiVo since the S1, and I don't remember ever being surprised like this in the past. I hope they haven't broken something in a recent update...