Season pass records ESPN in SD instead of HD...

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by WaarrEagle, Sep 11, 2006.

1. WaarrEagle

WaarrEagle New Member

Jun 1, 2004
    I have a season pass set up to record all Auburn football games but it recorded the game two weeks ago on ESPN SD instead of ESPN HD. I looked at upcoming events and it is pulling the CBS game this week from my OTA antenna instead of my SD feed so that is right but whats up with ESPN? How do I make the season pass record ESPN HD?

2. TonyD79

TonyD79 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    Remove ESPN SD from the Channels you Receive list. That should do the trick.

3. thebarge

thebarge New Member

May 2, 2005
    Is there not an easier way to do it? Doing this via ESPN would be fine, but OTA is a different story. If I have a season pass to the upcoming Lost episodes I'd much rather record those in HD. But, I still want my SD just in case there's a problem with OTA like weather, or whatever the case may be.

4. rminsk

rminsk TiVoted TiVo User

Jun 4, 2002
    Marina del...
    Season passes are channel specific. I guess you have an auto-record wishlist. You could remove ESPN SD from the channels you receive.

5. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    Season passes should be channel specific. If you have it set for the HD channel then that is what it should use. Double check your SP and verify it is the correct channel. Remember, all channels will be listed when you look at view upcoming episodes in the Season Pass manager. Also, make sure you have it set as a season pass and not a wishlist.

6. thebarge

thebarge New Member

May 2, 2005
    I'll check that when I get home, thanks. I don't remember if I set the SP by hitting record on the HD or the SD channels. Sounds like I chose SD. I probably chose SD because my HD's are OTA and I don't know how much I trust OTA HD in case I'm not home to notice it's acting screwy :)

7. mknoebel

mknoebel New Member

Nov 20, 2000
    Greeley, CO
    The same thing happens to me with the NFL Sunday Ticket. I have a wish list for the Packers and it was set up to record the SD version of the game yesterday instead of the HD channel. I'm not going to uncheck all the SD Sunday Ticket channels.
    You would think an HD recorder would record the HD version every time.

8. WaarrEagle

WaarrEagle New Member

Jun 1, 2004
    I guess I am using a Wish List then. I can't do a season pass because the game is not on the same channel every week. I really don't want to remove ESPN SD from my guide so I guess I will just have to manually do all of the ESPN games. If anyone can think of anything else let me know.

9. TonyD79

TonyD79 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    Why? All ESPN programming is on ESPN-HD. Even the SD stuff.

Anyway. Use the wishlist and just monitor it. Let it do the work for you.

You could try a keyword wishlist that has HDTV in it but that may not work.

Also, try Auburn as a keyword then use the filters to pick HDTV.

10. krk502

krk502 New Member

Aug 28, 2005
    Do your wishlist for Auburn, but then set category - Audio Video for HDTV.

11. BrettStah

BrettStah Well-Known Member TCF Club

Nov 12, 2000
    San Antonio
    This week's game may be less painful for you in SD.

GEAUX TIGERS!

:D

12. Meathead

Meathead LSU Tiger!

Feb 19, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    LOL...I was just about to post the same thing. He may be better off tuning in for college gameday, and then just sleeping in until the night game. HD will show all the Auburn players blowing snot bubbles after getting hit by Landry all day!