Season Pass/Recording question

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by defond, Aug 4, 2007.

1. defond

defond Member

Dec 14, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Ok here is the problem:

I just re-hooked up my tivo and restarted the tivo service after I got the internet back.

Everything set up fine and all of the program guide info is all loaded up, but when i go to check my season passes, it says that there are no upcoming showings. Then i went to the to do list and in there it says no programs scheduled. I dont understand this because all of the guide info is all loaded up. I am afraid that it wont record any of my shows. Please help me.

Thanks.

2. supasta

supasta Active Member

May 6, 2006
    Colorado
    You need to give the TiVo time to download schedule/guide data. You can force the connection to get the info.
    You also may need to consider that many shows are in the off-season.

3. mick66

mick66 Dirty Burger

Oct 15, 2004
    The 'verse
    Comprehension is your friend.

To the OP
    If you had connected your tivo and downloaded guide data just before you posted this request for help, you should be aware that it can take a tivo several hours to index the two weeks worth of guide data. Everything should be fine by morning.

It's also possible that it was downloading a software update and not guide data. If that's the case, you should force another connection for the data if it hasn't already been made. Then as I stated above, you'll need to be a little patient and give it time to index everything.

4. supasta

supasta Active Member

May 6, 2006
    Colorado
    Mick, what you contribute to this forum with your consistent low morale I am yet to comprehend. :rolleyes: :thumbsdown:

The point was that the OP simply needs to give the unit time to completely load the data. When first connected, the TiVo will only grab a day or two of guide info and then will continue to download and index up to two weeks of guide information over the next few days.