Season pass - question

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by carysb7478, Aug 6, 2007.

1. carysb7478

carysb7478 New Member

Jun 26, 2007

Advertisements

I wasn't really sure how to search this so I'm just gonna ask....I want a season pass for the O'Reilly Factor (no flames please :cool: ) and just want to keep one episode. It is repeated several times a day and I would like to record the one that comes on at 4am since I never watch it until the next day any ways and that will most likely never conflict with anything else. How can I make it record only that time? Right now it records all of the episodes every day which are the same which is a complete waste. Yes, I've got it set to only get new episodes. I guess that doesn't solve the problem bc the episode description is always the same each day. Thanks for your help!

On another note, I've noticed that some of my shows have been "pixlely," i.e. several times while watching a recording pixels or a blur will come on a small part of the screen. Sometimes it happens a few times per minute and seems to be completely random. Could this mean my HD is on the outs? :(

2. supasta

supasta Active Member

May 6, 2006
    Colorado
    You can set up a manual recording for that time slot.

3. carysb7478

carysb7478 New Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Ok, well do you have to go in and do that for every day of the week or is there an easier way to do it?

4. LifeIsABeach

LifeIsABeach Active Member

Feb 28, 2001
    Drexel Hill, PA
    I think you can set up a manual recording just like you would a VCR: e.g. record channel 10 from 8-9 pm M-F.

5. anom

anom Enlightened

Apr 18, 2005

Advertisements

Do you have a series 3? Check out the Series 3 Forum; there's a lot of discussion about pixellation problems. It's the Tivo, not your HD service.

6. carysb7478

carysb7478 New Member

Jun 26, 2007
    no, its a series 2

7. TiVoEvan74

TiVoEvan74 Active Member

Sep 11, 2004
    No flames, but for balance, you should record Now on PBS... you'll even learn something from their investigative reporting as opposed to the O'Reilly blathering! :)

8. ZeoTiVo

ZeoTiVo I can't explain

Jan 2, 2004
    you will find in the front of the manual that came with the TiVo an index. In that index will be a listing for manual recordings with a page number. Turn to that page and you will dioscover that setting up a manual recording to repeat each weekday is very easy to do and part of the manual recording setup screen. :)

barring that just go to the record by time or date menu under find programs.

I post this because I find the Tivo interface so intuitive that people should be reminded to just check out the menus. You will find that most all of them easily explain them selves and will increase your use and enjoyment of the TiVo.

PS - if you stay with a season pass then just keep it last in your season pass manager list and then it can not override other season passes and you can just forget it and leave at it keep at most one.

9. Stanley Rohner

Stanley Rohner New Member

Jan 18, 2004
    oklahoma
    Everything ZeoTiVo said is right.

He is wonderful.

I wish I could marry him.

Happy now ?