Season Pass Problems

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by beejay2, Dec 6, 2006.

1. beejay2

beejay2 New Member

Sep 24, 2006

Advertisements

I find that I have to continually check to make sure my season passes are recording. Frequently I have to go in and redo them because them are showing that they aren't planning to record even though there is no conflict. I have it set to first runs only and am using cable for SD and OTA for HD. No cable cards currently.

Anyone else having this problem and/or solved it?

2. chrispitude

chrispitude New Member

Apr 23, 2005
    We think we noticed something like this today, but we're not positive. Grey's Anatomy was #2 on our list, but when we went to show upcoming episodes, none were marked to record. We deleted it and re-added it on the high-def channel, but it was still strange. We're going to double-check our To-Do list and make sure everything's right. If we find something, I'll post back here.

- Chris

3. phototrek

phototrek Member

Mar 19, 2005
    San Jose, CA
    I had to re-enter two season passes because they stopped recording. Nothing catastrophic, but annoying nevertheless.

4. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Why don't you guys at least check the recording (future) history to see why it thinks they won't record?

it won't solve the short term problem, but might be informative.

5. phototrek

phototrek Member

Mar 19, 2005
    San Jose, CA

Advertisements

Oh I did do that. The show was simply not listed. So I couldn't look for the reason, if you know what I mean. I guess if it wasn't planning on recording it in the first place, it didn't feel like giving a reason why :confused:

6. SoCalCraig

SoCalCraig New Member

Oct 30, 2006
    Carlsbad, CA
    I had the same thing happen (Season Passes inexplicably not recording), but only when I changed from HD via OTA to HD via Cable or vice-versa (during my early experimentation days). It somehow got confused on the channel changes.

Deleting the old season pass and replacing it with a new one solved my problems for good.

I've also had similar problems with my old S1 and S2 with certain shows setup as "First Run Only". It seems some shows are not setup correctly to indicate the first run status, so I had to set these shows to "Repeats ..." to get even the first run shows.