Season Pass problem

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by hiker, Jan 25, 2006.

1. hiker

hiker S.o.N.Y.D.a.C.

Nov 29, 2001
    SF Bay Area...
    The last 2 nights my SP's for Leno and Letterman have not worked as they have been working for months. What has happened is that Letterman was not recorded and Leno was recorded twice! Yes, 2 Leno's in the Now Playing exactly the same.

The reason in Recording History for Letterman not recorded is "because it conflicted with a higher priority Season Pass or other recording: The Tonight Show With Jay Leno 11:35 pm 83 NBCW"

What could cause this?

Just now, I changed the priority so that the Letterman SP is now highest, so I'll see what happens tonight. There are other SP's higher than the Leno and Letterman but none at that time of day so there should not be conflicts.

SP details:
    Leno at 11:35 PM chan 83, 1 minute early, 5 minutes longer, 1st run only, keep at most 5, keep until space needed
    Letterman at 11:35 PM chan 81, 1 minute early, 5 minutes longer, 1st run only, keep at most 5, keep until space needed

2. duanej

duanej New Member

Oct 28, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    Are both shows listed in the Do-To-List?

3. hiker

hiker S.o.N.Y.D.a.C.

Nov 29, 2001
    SF Bay Area...
    Yes, Leno and Letterman are both in the To-Do list tonight and for days ahead. Guess I'll see what happens tonight.

Any other thoughts?

4. kepper

kepper Member

Nov 28, 2003
    southern...
    Try rebooting by unplugging your DVR for 10-15 minutes.

5. hiker

hiker S.o.N.Y.D.a.C.

Nov 29, 2001
    SF Bay Area...
    I will reboot tomorrow if the same problem occurs again tonight after I re-prioritized my SP's. Want to try one thing at a time.

What does waiting 10-15 mins before rebooting do? Why would that be necessary?

I know rebooting can solve a lot of problems since I've had a TiVo since the first S/A version was available. But I'm scratching my head on waiting 10-15 mins.

6. kepper

kepper Member

Nov 28, 2003
    southern...
    If you reboot from the menu without removing power and the problem is caused by a memory issue, it is possible that the problem will continue as some information may be stored in the memory and not cleared with the reboot. By powering down and waiting a few minutes, you are sure that all volatile memory is cleared. However, if this seems non-logical to you, then reboot using whatever method you are comfortable with.

7. hiker

hiker S.o.N.Y.D.a.C.

Nov 29, 2001
    SF Bay Area...
    Maybe waiting 10-15 mins unplugged for a non-DVR receiver would make sense but since the HR10 is just basically a PC it doesn't make sense.

Good news, last night both Leno and Letterman recorded as normal. No reboot was done, just reordering the SP priority seems to have done the trick. Hopefully this was just a temporary glitch.

8. Finnstang

Finnstang King of the North

Sep 11, 2003
    Winterfell
    What happens if you change the order back? Sounds more like you worked around the problem.