season pass problem.

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by 69800, Jan 7, 2006.

1. 69800

69800 New Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Nowhere Idaho
    My wife put the show "24" in the season pass and moved it up to priority number 1 position. The to do list shows none scheduled. But when I search with wishlist it shows 2 season premiers coming up on the 15th of this month. Tivo has not recognized them yet. I had here delete the season pass and unplug the dvr. then put in a new season pass in the number on position and it still has not found it. I know I can manually record but what is wrong with SP manager?
    I am using a new R-10 unit with the latest software

2. tbeckner

tbeckner TiVo Fan

Oct 26, 2001
    Bend, OR, USA
    Your locals may not be coded correctly or there are manual selected recordings that conflict, in addition if there is a SEASON PASS conflict it might take the TiVo awhile to process the request, so in this case "PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE".

There are two - two hour 24 episodes upcoming, one episode on 1/15 (Day5:7a-8a/8a-9a) and the other on 1/16 (Day5:9a-10a/10a-11a). I hadn't Season Passed the 24 series until this evening, but the Season Pass selection worked correctly and picked up both.

If I was you I would look for conflicting records and remove them manually and then re-SEASON PASS 24 and then do something with the conflicts.

Also, I know that people sometimes complain about SEASON PASSES and manual selected recordings, so I alway take a few extra steps to manage my SEASON PASSES and manual selected recordings, most likely over kill, but then again I don't miss any recordings, even when they mess with the guide data.