Season Pass problem - "unticked"

Discussion in 'TiVo Series 1 - UK' started by fausto, Dec 5, 2008.

1. Dec 5, 2008 #1 of 31
    fausto

fausto New Member

Jul 23, 2008

Advertisements

I have a season pass problem which is unlike any other I have found by searching this forum.

I have a season pass for "Eggheads" with no limit on the number of shows to keep. After months of recording this show OK, TiVo has, last week, stopped recording the shows.

I looked in the "to do list" and all the upcoming episodes are there, but crucially, they are not "ticked". If I manually "tick" them, then they record, otherwise they just remain listed. I can't see any reason given for not recording. There are no conflicts with other shows at that time of day.

Any ideas?

2. Dec 5, 2008 #2 of 31
    verses

verses TiVoTiVoTiVoTiVoTiVo

Nov 6, 2002
    Do the upcoming shows break the 28-day rule? e.g. Are they repeats of episodes that have already been recorded at some point within the last 28 days?

3. Dec 5, 2008 #3 of 31
    fausto

fausto New Member

Jul 23, 2008
    AFAIK Eggheads is never repeated.

4. Dec 5, 2008 #4 of 31
    cwaring

cwaring VM Tivo User

Feb 11, 2002
    Knaresboroug...
    I wonder if they accidently changed the TMSID for the show, thereby breaking an existing SP? Just a thought :)

5. Dec 5, 2008 #5 of 31
    fausto

fausto New Member

Jul 23, 2008

Advertisements

I know I'll regret this :eek: but here goes..what is a TMSID :confused: ?

6. Dec 5, 2008 #6 of 31
    nitrochicken

nitrochicken New Member

Sep 9, 2006
    My parents noticed the same happening on their tivo, another show was effected too but I can't remember the name of it. When I was looking into it yesterday, it seems that the 'original air date' for each episode was totally wrong, claiming that each episode was first aired on 24/11/08 or something like that.
    The other show was stating an first air date of 11/12/08, which considering its a daily show seems pretty impossible.

I assumed this is down to faulty guide data from tivo?

7. Dec 5, 2008 #7 of 31
    AMc

AMc Active Member

Mar 22, 2002
    East of England
    TMSID is the unique magic number assigned by Tribune/Tivo to indicate that programmes all belong to the same series.
    Sometimes a glitch causes a long running programme to be assigned a new number, at which point your existing season pass for that programme stops showing any new episodes even though the listings show a programme with the same name at the right time.

It is very frustrating as you often only realise after you've missed an expected episode.

8. Dec 5, 2008 #8 of 31
    fausto

fausto New Member

Jul 23, 2008
    Ah, but in my case, the todo list under that season pass entry does show ALL the new episodes (they are however not "ticked").

i.e all the episodes for the next week are listed but there in no big yellow tick mark in front of them. If I select any, it says "this episode will not be recorded" - no reason given. I then select "record this episode too" - lo and behold, that episode is now ticked and it will record.

New development: the following week which is called "eggheads:celebrity edition" is listed with ticks even though the title is different to what we have in the SP list!!!

9. Dec 5, 2008 #9 of 31
    RichardJH

RichardJH New Member

Oct 7, 2002
    Hanworth....
    That is correct and upcoming episodes will also show episodes on other channels. They will only get a double tick if they match your season pass criteria which they won't if the TMSID is wrong/changed. Only a second season pass being setup will solve your problem.

The TMSID's for Eggheads and Eggheads-celebrity edition are different, just checked

10. fausto

fausto New Member

Jul 23, 2008
    In that case, I surmise that they reused the old (TMS)ID from eggheads on the new celebrity show. That's the only way I can see that we lost the ticks on the original show and got the celebrity edition instead, double ticked on our todolist, without asking for it.

BTW what's the significance/difference of a single versus a double tick on items in the todolist?

11. RichardJH

RichardJH New Member

Oct 7, 2002
    Hanworth....
    double tick indicates selected to record by a season pass or a wish list. Single tick is when a programme is selected to record from live TV or record by time or channel

12. cwaring

cwaring VM Tivo User

Feb 11, 2002
    Knaresboroug...
    Yeah. Basically a single tick is any type of manually-selected recording.

13. RichardJH

RichardJH New Member

Oct 7, 2002
    Hanworth....
    Thanks Carl even I wondered what I meant :rolleyes::p

14. Malcontent

Malcontent Ancient Astronaut Theorist

Sep 4, 2004
    Perhaps you can try deleting the season pass for Eggheads and then enter a new season pass for the show.

15. cwaring

cwaring VM Tivo User

Feb 11, 2002
    Knaresboroug...
    Yes. That's the TMSID problem as stated earlier in the thread. Best idea is to post to the Errors Thread and call Tivo CS about it. This should get it fixed; or not :)

16. DeadKenny

DeadKenny New Member

Nov 9, 2002
    Woking, UK
    Not sure if you've tried already, but have you checked the recording history?

You can look at the recording history in the To Do List and go right on any of the items it says it hasn't recorded. It should say why it didn't record it.

17. RichardJH

RichardJH New Member

Oct 7, 2002
    Hanworth....
    That will only apply if the programme was originally set to record and something else took precedence, not if the season pass never picked it up in the first place.

18. deshepherd

deshepherd New Member

Nov 30, 2000
    Bristol, UK
    May be relevant but over past few days out Tivo has failed to record most/all season pass-ed programs on BBC1 ... didn't do Merlin on Saturday, my wife just informed me it did record Doctors for her today and wasn't going to record Sarah Jane adventures for my son as well. Other channels seem ok. Also didn't record Outnumbered on Saturday but not certain if I'd set an SP for that.

19. RichardJH

RichardJH New Member

Oct 7, 2002
    Hanworth....
    and todays Daily Politics on BBC2 was missed by my season pass

20. cwaring

cwaring VM Tivo User

Feb 11, 2002
    Knaresboroug...
    No problems here with either Merlin or TSJA. Both SPs are FR&R though. No reason to be FRO (on BBC1 anyway.)