Season pass problem on hr10-250

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by Cy Jervis, Sep 7, 2006.

1. Sep 7, 2006 #1 of 39
    Cy Jervis

Cy Jervis New Member

Apr 22, 2002
    Florida

Advertisements

I just went to creat a new season pass for Grey's Anatomy and there is no such option available for the show. I tried going thru the guide and selecting the show and then season pass and other options and by searching for shows by title but both ways wouldn't show the season pass as an option. I am still able to creat season passes on other shows but not this one, any suggestions???
    My account is in good standing, connected to phone line and showing software 3.1.5f..

2. Sep 7, 2006 #2 of 39
    annenoe

annenoe He's a Smooth Fox

Oct 19, 2003
    Mountain...
    Hmm - I thought I posted a reply but it is not showing.

Anyway, yes, I'm seeing the same thing. Very odd - clearly wrong. Grey's is "acting" like a movie. IOW, the HR10 does not see this as a series so doesn't give you the option to SP.

So, this is definitely a bug.

Methinks you're hosed unless a guide update fixes the bad data.

3. Sep 7, 2006 #3 of 39
    rminsk

rminsk TiVoted TiVo User

Jun 4, 2002
    Marina del...
    Several people has been reporting problems with Grey's Anatomy. It seems the guide data for the new season does not have the series bit set. You can only create season passes for programs that are mark as a series. Let's hope they fix the guide data soon.

4. Sep 8, 2006 #4 of 39
    annenoe

annenoe He's a Smooth Fox

Oct 19, 2003
    Mountain...
    Yeah - that's certainly what it looks like.

However, I should mention that it's working fine on my Series 2 tivo. That would lead one to believe that there is a software "glitch" as well. IOW, how come 7.3.1 (latest sw version on the tivo boxes) is able to read that data correctly, but 3.1.5 cannot. (I'm a database designer and programmer. Assuming both are getting the same guide data, I find it odd).

5. Sep 8, 2006 #5 of 39
    Eben

Eben New Member

Jul 19, 2001
    Fairfax, VA

Advertisements

Isn't the season premiere not till Sept. 21?

6. Sep 8, 2006 #6 of 39
    rminsk

rminsk TiVoted TiVo User

Jun 4, 2002
    Marina del...
    Why would you assume that. The standalone gets it guide data from TiVo and the HR10-250 gets it from DirecTV. They do buy there guide information from the same source but it most likely is not exactly the same guide data. The company that supplies the guide data has different packages with different levels of detail.

7. Sep 8, 2006 #7 of 39
    thumperxr69

thumperxr69 New Member

Mar 21, 2004
    Central IL
  8. Sep 8, 2006 #8 of 39
    Cy Jervis

Cy Jervis New Member

Apr 22, 2002
    Florida
    Yes, but I have never had a problem setting up a season pass even during the summer.

9. Sep 8, 2006 #9 of 39
    rminsk

rminsk TiVoted TiVo User

Jun 4, 2002
    Marina del...
    That is close to two weeks out. The guide data will sometime have more detail including the series bit as the program gets closer.

10. RonOhio

RonOhio Not a New Member

Sep 30, 2001
    Akron
    I have the same problem as the original poster on one of my HR10-250's. I have two HR10-250s and the older one works fine (kinda), but the newer one will not allow me to set a season pass for the upcomming season of Grey's Anatomy.

The old one has Grey's Anatomy listed twice for the same channel. When I select the listing with the the Season Premere It will let me create a season pass.

The newer one (still over a year old) only has one instance of Grey's Anatomy it only has the repeats from last season listed and so I can't create a season pass for the upcomming season it.

I don't see how it can be the guide data since it works fine on one of them and not on the other. And this has been happening for four days at least as I noticed it on Sunday.

Hopefully I get the upgrade soon and that fixes the problem.

11. kepper

kepper Member

Nov 28, 2003
    southern...
    I am also having a problem with my HR10-250 and adding season passes, but my issue isn't with Grey's Anatomy. It is with Desperate Housewives. I can't add a season pass for that show. I tried rebooting two days in a row hoping that a reindex would fix the problem, but it didn't. But I was able to add a SP for the show on my SD TiVo, just not on the HD Tivo.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this problem?

12. kbohip

kbohip New Member

Dec 29, 2003
    Colorado...
    I'm having a strange problem not with Grey's Anatomy, but with Supernatural. For some reason the Tivo thinks it's going to be on at 12am and 1am, instead of it's usual time. It's also only giving the generic description of the show. It's been like this for days.

13. Robdec

Robdec Dude

Oct 3, 2002
    Atlanta,GA
    Im having the same problem with Grey's Anatomy :( NO option for a season pass !

14. kepper

kepper Member

Nov 28, 2003
    southern...
    As I mentioned earlier, I cannot set up a season pass for Desperate Housewives on my HD Tivo. Thinking that it may have been an index error, I did a "Clear Program Information and To Do List" yesterday morning. This morning, I was able to add about 30 new SP's... every program I wanted... EXCEPT for "Grey's Anatomy" and "Desperate Housewives". They still will not give me on option to set up an SP, just an option to "record this showing".

After calling D* and spending close to an hour on the phone with six different people, ranging from CSR's to Level 2 tech support, no one can tell me how to fix this. I won't make you laugh you with some of the absurd things that the CSR's and Level 1 Tech told me that the problem was. "You need new batteries in your remote control" was just one.

the Level 2 guy was actually was pretty good (probably the only person out of six I spoke with that actually owned a DTivo). His conclusion: "Maybe its bad guide data, but we have no other reports so I don't know what to tell you."

Do any of this forum's experts have any ideas? Thanks.

15. thepackfan

thepackfan Member

May 21, 2003
    Plano, TX
    I could not program thru search, but I went thru the guide and was able to season pass GA without any problem

16. kepper

kepper Member

Nov 28, 2003
    southern...

Thanks for your suggestion. This morning I tried to add both Grey's Anatomy and Desperate Housewives through the guide and also tried using search. Unfortunately, neither method worked for me. I was not given the option to set up a season pass for either show.

17. jon777

jon777 Well-Known Member

May 30, 2002
    Jupiter, FL
    Similar problems here. A couple points:

1) It's only the HR10 -- my Series 2 is having no problems with it
    2) I have an existing Season Pass on the HR10 from last year -- it's picking up the 8 PM episode (recap of previous season), but not the season premier at 9 PM. It is picking up the reshowing on Friday night.
    3) If I go through a search by name, Grey's show's up twice -- the ones in one group are being picked up my the SP, the ones in the other (which is so far only the season prem) are not.
    4) Desperate Housewives seems to be in the same boat.

Problems seem to be with the broadcast on the HD and non-HD versions of ABC. So it looks like:
    - either the HR10-250 has different guide data than the Series 2; or
    - the HR10-250 is processing the guide data differently

note: I'm still waiting for 6.3. Can someone with 6.3 confirm they have the same issue?

18. TomF

TomF TiVo: 1999; HD: 2001

Apr 13, 2001
    San Diego, CA
    My Season Pass for Desperate Housewives worked fine last season. I read about the season preview with Marc Cherry and checked the To Do List to make sure it was going to be recorded, but it wasn't. I went to the SPM for DH and looked for Upcoming Episodes and there was nothing. Did a Title Search and came up with the preview episode as well as several repeats. I had to do a manual recording. Now the Season Premiere episode is coming up and SPM doesn't see it, or any other repeat episodes, but Title Search does, so I did a manual recording.

I deleted the SP and tried to recreate it, but none of the upcoming episodes including the Season Premiere give me the option to do a Season Pass. I checked most of my other Season Passes and this problem is only occurring with DH and not with GA.

As others have reported, this is only a problem on my HR-10, not my two SD TiVos. Odd that some people have a problem with GA, some with DH and some with both.

Another comment about GA: Because the Season Premiere episode has a duration of 1:02, ER, which starts at 10:01, wouldn't record because of the 1 minute overlap. Because there was an encore of GA on Friday, I recorded that one. Interestingly, the run time for that episode is 1:00. I hate when networks do the 1-2 minute overlap thing just to make it difficult for viewers to watch other programs. :thumbsdown:

19. mhalver

mhalver New Member

Nov 3, 2005
    I have a season pass on my series 2 which is working fine. I'm not familiar with the model of TiVo this problem is occuring with, but does anybody know if the problem is simply that you can't program the season pass, or is it that even if you could it wouldn't work (somebody that already has a pass will have to answer this)?

If it is the former, I would suggest that you program through Tivo Central online, if that model will allow it. That could be a work around until they fix it.

20. TomF

TomF TiVo: 1999; HD: 2001

Apr 13, 2001
    San Diego, CA
    For me with Desperate Housewives, there is no option to create a Season Pass on any of the upcoming episodes, including the repeats and the Season Premiere. The option is simply not there. The SP for DH that I had would not see any upcoming episodes, repeats or the Season Premiere. I deleted that SP (which basically was not longer working) but now I can't create a new SP.
    Not available with the HR10-250. The only option that I can come up with is a manual recording using Title Search or using the guide.