season pass not recording

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by slickwattz, Jun 10, 2006.

1. slickwattz

slickwattz New Member

Mar 13, 2004

Advertisements

i have a Directv with Tivo and in the past month, a few of my season passes will not record.

for instance, Sesame Street at 7AM will not record. It will show future recordings, but when i select that specific episode it says: "this episode will not be recorded"

if i cancel the season pass and re-select it is not remedied. Its as if the program is blocked from being recorded. the only way i can record it is manually each day when its on or select a different time eg. Sesame street at 5am.

it is not an issue with a specific show or network as just this week Dora the Explorer on Noggin wont record.

i've tried adjusting the season pass settings eg. "record first run and repeats"

any ideas why this is happening and how to correct?

many thanks

2. ZikZak

ZikZak Neurostim Addict

Aug 12, 2002
    Arecibo, PR
    Season passes are not time-slot specific. A season pass for Seasme Street on KABC will record all unique episodes of Sesame Street on KABC regardless of time slot.

If it is recording the 5 AM showings, and the 7 AM showing is the same episode, tivo will not record it (it already has it) and you're seeing normal behavior.

3. jfh3

jfh3 Active Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Denver area
    Go into the To Do list and look at View Recording History - that will give you info on why a particular program didn't or won't record.

4. slickwattz

slickwattz New Member

Mar 13, 2004
    its not recording any episode of sesame street period. the only way i get sesame is to pick a time of a different channel. this isnt normal behavior since it used to record and will no longer record it.

5. Jonathan_S

Jonathan_S Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2001
    Northern...

Advertisements

Hmm. Season Passes are channel specific.

So if it says season pass (26 PBS) it won't record from chan 32, even though you might be seeing episodes on channel 32 in the view upcoming episodes.

You might make sure that the season pass is actually set for the channel you want to record from.

(If you actually want to record Sesame Street from every channel it airs on, create a title wishlist for "Sesame Street" and set it to autorecord. Autorecording wishlists will record any matching show from any channel in the Channels I Receive list)