Season Pass Manager

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by Player01, Sep 15, 2011.

1. Player01

Player01 Member

Sep 14, 2011
    Just got my Premiere this week and I was setting up a bunch of Season Passes.

As is an issue for others (I imagine), Thursday night television presents some problems and choices need to be made. Now, I went ahead and Season Passed any and all shows I was interested in watching that night and then wanted to go back to SPM and prioritize so that TiVo would know which to record and which not to when there were more than two shows on at the same time. But after prioritizing, I am not seeing the To Do List updating. I did this yesterday and thought maybe it just needed some time to update but it hasn't as of yet.

Am I wrong in assuming that once you change priorities, that the list should be updated appropriately? Or am I going to have to delete my Season Passes and start over again, making sure I do them in priority order?

2. jfh3

jfh3 Active Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Denver area
    The todo list doesn't update immediately.

If your Season Passes are in the order you want them in Season Pass Manager, you are fine. The Tivo will adjust.

(I assume you did this on the Tivo itself and not on tivo.com. I have seen errors on the online SPM where if you make multiple changes and then go back and make more changes before they have been propagated to the box, the original changes are lost).

3. Player01

Player01 Member

Sep 14, 2011
    Thanks - I did do it on the TiVo box itself.

I'll keep an eye on the to do list and see when it updates. I definitely wish it updated a little faster though - it makes me nervous!

4. HFChristie

HFChristie New Member

Nov 9, 2010
    Try and force a connection to the TiVo service. I have a DVR-2, but I have an occasional problem that sounds a lot like this. The only way I could get it to rebuild the ToDo list was to wait for up to a week, do a diagnostic rebuild (I can't remember the code), or (I finally found this by mistake :() do a manual connect to the TiVo service.

This can take quite a bit of time, though. So, if you're making changes that need to be made quickly to record your show, view the Upcoming Episodes in the Season Pass (or page through the Guide) and manually select the earliest episodes you want recorded.

I'm not 100% sure if the Premiere handles programming like my Series-2, but ...