Season Pass Manager has a blank line

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by limoman, Oct 13, 2007.

1. limoman

limoman Member

Mar 27, 2003
    Southern MA
    I noticed a blank line in my Season Pass Manager list of shows. Between season pass number 25 and 27 there is a blank or empty line. (This is on a S2). I can scroll to that line but can not select it. The Season Pass Manager is also experiencing longer than usual "please wait" times when entering or leaving the SPM - even without any changes being made to any season passes. Otherwise the unit seems to be operating fine.

Any ideas on what could cause this or how to correct it?

2. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    Maybe try re-ordering a few SPs? That should trigger a rebuild of the index and might fix phantom #26.

3. limoman

limoman Member

Mar 27, 2003
    Southern MA
    Nice idea, but no luck. I tried changing the order of a SP, but I still have that blank line.

4. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    Did you try a reboot?

5. limoman

limoman Member

Mar 27, 2003
    Southern MA
    Yes. That didn't correct it either.

6. DaveLessnau

DaveLessnau Love My TiVo!

Nov 10, 2000
    USA
    Do you have any Wishlists set up? If you got 9.1, a Wishlist might not have converted properly. Take a look in the Wishlist area and double-check that they're all ok.

7. limoman

limoman Member

Mar 27, 2003
    Southern MA
    I do have the 9.1 update. My three Wishlist searches looked ok, but I deleted them to be on the safe side. I then resorted my season passes, but the blank line is still there.

8. DaveLessnau

DaveLessnau Love My TiVo!

Nov 10, 2000
    USA
    Is there a corresponding blank "recording" in the To Do list? How about at the bottom of it where all the "none upcoming" SPs show up?

I double-checked my SPM and I don't have anything like this. Moving in and out of it without making changes is no different from before.

9. limoman

limoman Member

Mar 27, 2003
    Southern MA
    Yes. At the end of the To Do list there appears to be one and maybe two blank lines. Hard to tell because TiVo doesn't let me "land" on the blank line. It allows me to scroll to the blank line then quickly jumps back to the last visible entry.

I tried clearing my To Do list, Wish List, Program Guide and Season Passes from the Reset/Restart screen. After about 45 mintes the unit came back up and had successfully deleted my upcoming programing info, but still had about 70% of my Season Passes listed - including the blank line (of course.) I'm trying this step again to see if it has any better luck deleting the Season Passes the second time around.

I'll report the results as soon as it's finished.

10. limoman

limoman Member

Mar 27, 2003
    Southern MA
    I tried deleting Season Passes, To Do, Program Guide, etc., a second time and I still have most of my Season Passes listed - and the blank line. Other than a complete delete and start over, I'm out of ideas.

11. windracer

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    That is really strange.

Are you going to try the C&DE, or just live with it?

12. limoman

limoman Member

Mar 27, 2003
    Southern MA
    I'd hate to delete everything. I have over 100 hours of programs stored. I guess I could transfer the important ones to my PC and start from scratch. But I would like that to be my last resort.

Is there any way to force a reindex or repair? (Kickstart?)

13. Ben_Jamin75

Ben_Jamin75 Member

Dec 18, 2003
    Monroe, MI
    Haven't used it, so this may be a dumb question... but do you have kidszone or parent contols enabled? Is it hiding a season pass from you?

(This might be worth a PM to TivoJerry)

14. windracer

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    You can't actually get to any of the TiVo menus if KidZone is on. Once you use your password to "unlock" it you see everything.

At least, I've never seen an SP be "hidden" like this ...

15. limoman

limoman Member

Mar 27, 2003
    Southern MA
    No - no Kidszone or Parental Control options in use. I did notice that when I tried to set up a Season Pass yesterday that I got the following error: "Message #86. Unable to process request." However it did successfully create the SP. I don't know if this error message is related to the blank line issue or not, but figured I'd mention it.