Season Pass Manager - copy to other box doesn't retain priorities

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by oregonman, Sep 28, 2011.

1. oregonman

oregonman Member

Jul 1, 2002
    Portland OR
    I tried searching and couldn't find anything about this. I got a new Tivo and tried using the online Season Pass Manager to copy all the season passes from my old box to the new one. I just ticked the check all box and then the copy to the other box button. The season passes did not retain the old priorities on the new box. I'm guessing that is just not supported, but I'm asking here in case I missed something. It surprised me that the priorities were not retained because that seems to be a pretty important property of the season passes.

It also missed copying a few season passes, but its not easy identifying them all to try to figure out why because the list is long and the passes are not in the same order. Anyone know why it would not copy some of the season passes? The instructions say that if the Tivos are in different locations (I assume that means different channel lineups) the season pass show must be scheduled to air in the next 14 days, but I think I've got them setup with the same lineup - they are in the same house.

Thanks for any info on this.

2. dwit

dwit Active Member

May 4, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    How long has it been?

Just throwing out guesses, but maybe give the Tivo servers a couple of cycles to see if it corrects.

3. Jonathan_S

Jonathan_S Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2001
    Northern...
    Reportely people have better luck with it retaining priority and copying everything if they do it in small batches; 3 or 4 season passes at the time. For some reason doing a global copy like you did is likely to have something a bit screwed up. :(

4. oregonman

oregonman Member

Jul 1, 2002
    Portland OR
    Thanks. That doesn't seem to work for me, but if I just copy them one at a time, they get copied to the bottom of the list. So if I do them one at a time in order of priority it should work. That's still better than setting up new passes, especially since you can't set up a season pass if there are no upcoming episodes in the guide.

5. jeff92k7

jeff92k7 Annoyed with trolls

Jan 18, 2006
    on planet earth
    Surprised no one has mentioned it yet, but you should look into kmttg. You can easily copy all season passes from one to the other as well as many, many other things.

Jeff

6. scandia101

scandia101 Just the facts ma'am

Oct 20, 2007
    MN, greater...
    If they are already copied over to the other Tivo, why not just re-prioritize them?

7. oregonman

oregonman Member

Jul 1, 2002
    Portland OR
    Of course I could do that, but it is kind of tedious with 45 season passes. Plus when I copied them all over, I was missing some, but it was difficult to identify exactly which ones because it required comparing two large unsorted lists. So I found it easier to delete them and recopy them. I didn't actually copy them one at a time, but I did small groups that I didn't care about the sorting within the group. So I retained the approximate priorities. And they all copied over - I wasn't missing any like I was when I copied them all at once.

It seems strange to me that the priorities are not retained when copying groups of season passes in one operation. They have to be put in some order - why not the order they were originally in?

8. Soapm

Soapm Active Member

May 9, 2007
    Aurora, CO
    It does, I'll have to look for that feature. Any clues where it is?

9. jeff92k7

jeff92k7 Annoyed with trolls

Jan 18, 2006
    on planet earth
    Bear with me, because I'm pretty new to using it myself. If I remember correctly, it's under the remote control section. You can view all season passes from a particular TiVo, then save them all to a file on your computer. Next, you would view the season passes on the other TiVo (if there area any). THen, you can load the saved file from your other one, highlight all the lines you want to copy, and press the copy button. kmttg will then copy them all to the selected TiVo.

I'm getting to love the kmttg software. I started using it mainly to find programming conflicts more easily. Once found, it's pretty easy to copy them to another TiVo so the shows get recorded somewhere. I've also begun using kmttg to automatically download and decrypt shows to archive them in MPEG2 format.

Jeff