Season pass before cablecard - will it switch to HD?

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by brianlees, Aug 22, 2007.

1. brianlees

brianlees New Member

Apr 16, 2007
    I just got a TivoHD. I was setting up my season passes via the online scheduler. I was going to add my first network show, but I realized that I was selecting the analog one since the HD is not showing (no cable cards until Monday).

If I enter my season passes now, will they automatically switch to the HD channels when I get the cablecards or will I have to reprogram all of them?

Thanks

Brian

2. StriderWA

StriderWA New Member

Aug 12, 2007
    It depends. When you search for a program, it shows you results based on channels. If the channel it located the program on is broadcasting it in HD, it will record in HD. I had to go into my season passes and redo them and choose the HD version of the channels. Despite the fact that some of the programs are broadcasting in HD on HD channels, some programs like Scrubs are still SD (guide data says it's 720p but it is still cropped and grainy)

Wishlists are the exception, though. It will find programs of either type unless you set one of the categories to HD, in which case it will find programs where the guide data says it's in HD (see the afforementioned 'supposedly in HD' disclaimer)

3. captain_video

captain_video Member

Feb 28, 2002
    If your season pass was originally setup for the non-HD channel then that's what will be recorded after you install the cablecards. Season passes are generally channel-specific when it comes down to what actually gets recorded. However, when you check the list of upcoming showings it will display every instance of that show on every channel it appears on. You can manually select any showing from the list and have it recorded in addition to the season pass recordings. If you want it to record regularly on a different channel then you'll have to set up a separate season pass unique to that channel.