Season Pass & 1-Minute Conflict

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by TiVoBug, Oct 26, 2005.

1. TiVoBug

TiVoBug New Member

Oct 26, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    Anyone know of a way to resolve two season passes that conflict by a grand total of 1 minute overlap?? This happens with ABC and NBC it seems. ABC seems to like to do shows that last 1 hour and 1 minute, thereby conflicting with the next show on NBC that starts promptly on the hour. I have found that I can start recording early, or end late, but don't seem to be able to start late or end early. It's all or nothing. Ideas? This is really frustrating, since I bought the TiVo so I could rely on it to record all my shows. Maybe there's a sensitivity function somewhere I missed that would tell it to record anyway so I don't have to make sure I'm home to start it recording promptly at 10:01 on the second show?? This happened once last season with me and my roommates, and now this season and both are my shows. Thanks!

TiVoBug

2. ChofuHS

ChofuHS New Member

Apr 14, 2004
    I think you have to use the manual record function. Jerks at the networks are playing games with us.

3. TiVoBug

TiVoBug New Member

Oct 26, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    Just to make sure I understand what you mean by manual - meaning at 10:01 I turn on the TV and change to NBC and hit record? That's what I have been doing, but I've missed my show a few times due to distraction or not being home.

TiVoBug

4. dgh

dgh New Member

Jul 24, 2000
    Well that's REALLY manual. :D

Try a manual recording - like setting a VCR. By the way, there's a new version (7.2.1) starting to roll out to some machines that has an option for handling <5 minute overlaps automatically.

5. mick66

mick66 Dirty Burger

Oct 15, 2004
    The 'verse
    No no no.

Pick programs to record > Record by time or channel > manually record time/channel
    if you need to start late set it to record from 9:05 to 10:00.
    on the confirmation screen you can choose Recording options to add padding at either end. So with the 9:05 start time you set it to start 4 minutes early to actually start recording at 9:01 or 3 minutes early to start at 9:02 etc.

6. TiVoBug

TiVoBug New Member

Oct 26, 2005
    Seattle, WA

You are a beautiful person! Thank you! That solved my problem. I don't need the 'Next Week' clips anyway! Thank you!

7. classicsat

classicsat Astute User

Feb 18, 2004
    Ontario Canada.
    Get 7.2.1 software, that fixes it.

8. Jay11j

Jay11j New Member

Jan 10, 2006
    How and where do I do this??

9. Jonathan_S

Jonathan_S Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2001
    Northern...
    If you have a compatible TiVo that is subscribed and hooked up to either the phone line or the internet the update will be automatically downloaded and installed. (Eventually, they may still be in the middle of the roll out, I haven't been following it that closely).

I know this update is for series 2 TiVos but I'm not sure if it is also for the DVD units. I do know it isn't for any series 1 TiVo, or and DirecTV TiVo.

10. gtrogue

gtrogue Mentally Hilarious

Jun 18, 2001
    Atlanta
    The daily call should get the download if you don't already have.
    The latest software has the option to clip a lower priority show so a higher priority show is recorded in its entirety.