Searching for S3 on Amazon...

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by QVo, Sep 7, 2006.

1. Sep 7, 2006 #1 of 11
    QVo

QVo New Member

Sep 6, 2006
    So, I've been monitoring Amazon, since they tend to always prematurely list products, but it seems I'm not alone. When I search for "Tivo Series3" and it doesn't find anything, I get other suggested search terms such as "Tivo HD", "TCD648250B", etc. So Amazon's search engine is onto our game and relating these searches.

No point, just wanted to say it looks like we're all on the prowl for it - 'fess up - who else has been searching stores in utter futility? (and what's the sneakiest you've gotten in order to get some info?)

Anyone aware of a store with a wish list feed so we can track product releases?

2. Sep 7, 2006 #2 of 11
    classicX

classicX Don't scream.

May 10, 2006
    Miles away...
    I've not been doing anything of the sort. Just waiting patiently, since I won't be buying one anytime soon.

3. Sep 7, 2006 #3 of 11
    sommerfeld

sommerfeld Lucky (?) 200 member

Feb 26, 2006
    Recently, my google searches for "Tivo Series 3" have been returning sponsored links to Amazon implying that one can buy one there..

4. Sep 7, 2006 #4 of 11
    MichaelK

MichaelK Active Member

Jan 10, 2002
    NJ
    why stop at amazon?

I check BB, CC, shopper.com, etc , etc all the time!

:)

5. Sep 7, 2006 #5 of 11
    Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
    I see I'm not the ONLY one with too much time on his hands!

6. Sep 9, 2006 #6 of 11
    MichaelK

MichaelK Active Member

Jan 10, 2002
    NJ
    today i tried all those plus
    next tag
    froogle
    pricegrabber

any of those shopper sites have a service to email you when it finds the the product you want?

I'm "Positive" the the think will become availible one day when I'm busy at work and cant go searching! LOL

7. btl-a4

btl-a4 Man I must be bored.

Dec 28, 2005
    Who needs an email sent. I'm sure withing 5 minutes of a site offering it there will be a post here proclaiming it. Not that that will stop me from my 12:01 searches.

8. musicforme

musicforme It's a Dry Heat

Nov 19, 2003
    Scottsdale, AZ
    I've been doing it off and on for the past week as well.

I'm surprised that Amazon doesn't at least have a landing page with info about the Series 3 with a TBA for the shipping date.

9. jeffrypennock

jeffrypennock Member

May 18, 2006
    New York
    Me too! Amazon usually has pages for stuff like this WAY WAY ahead of when they're even taking pre-orders. And it's even more surprising that Amazon neither has a page nor is taking pre-orders IF BestBuy really is going to actually start selling 9/17.

10. ZeoTiVo

ZeoTiVo I can't explain

Jan 2, 2004
    Maybe TiVo had a discussion with Amazon after they let knowledge of the DT get out too early. which would be ironic since the S3 already is known and is having whatever effect on the retail distirbution chain already

11. MichaelK

MichaelK Active Member

Jan 10, 2002
    NJ
    if i dont have time to search the shopper sites then i dont have time to read the threads here. LOL

email is a bit quicker....