Searches always returns "There are no episodes available to record in the next two weeks."

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by csell, May 9, 2017.

1. May 9, 2017 #1 of 13
    csell

csell Member

Apr 16, 2007
    Anyone else experience this problem which I have been having for many, many weeks -

No matter what show you Search for, when you click on upcoming episodes, it always says "There are no episodes available to record in the next two weeks.". This is for EVERY show.

An example - search for Law & Order SVU, select it and go into upcoming shows. You get that message despite that show probably being on over 50+ times in the next two weeks. However, if I go to one of my shows (such as Law & Order) in my OnePass and click on "Upcoming Episodes", it does display that shows.

Last edited: May 9, 2017
  2. May 9, 2017 #2 of 13
    JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    You are not alone. That doesn't help though. If I use Find, enter an A and move right, there are never any upcoming episodes for any program as you move down the list. Like you said, it has been a few weeks. I was also missing the art and failing VCM connections, but that has been corrected.

I am waiting for a few more weeks and I'm going to wipe the unit (basic Roamio). I am lucky to have a second unit which is ok, so I can search with it from the bad unit. Soon most of my 1P will be gone and what's left can be done by my other unit. The bad unit only records NBC, CBS and Comedy Central. I don't know if Clear & Delete Everything will fix it, but I have a 1TB drive installed, so I'm not calling TiVo support.

3. May 9, 2017 #3 of 13
    slowbiscuit

slowbiscuit FUBAR

Sep 19, 2006
    In the ATL
    Search has sadly been broken in many ways ever since the Rovi cutover. You can't rely on it anymore.

Another example where Tivo just doesn't seem to care about the quality of their product since the merger.

The Godfather likes this.
  4. May 9, 2017 #4 of 13
    csell

csell Member

Apr 16, 2007
    Has anyone reported this bug to Tivo. I did this morning - who knows if I will hear anything. But this is major. Basically Tivo does not have the ability to search for new shows because even if you find a show you are looking for, you still won't know if its on in the future. I don't think this is related to the Rovi guide data, but rather the processing of it. Because as I said in my original post, if I go to OnePass and go to my show "Law & Order SVU", the upcoming episodes work correctly. It's just from Search (probably other places as well). So they clearly have the data, they just aren't processing it correctly.

JoeKustra likes this.
  5. May 9, 2017 #5 of 13
    JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    While I can't prove it, it did not break when we received 20.7.1.RC2. With two identical units, and only one failing, I'm hoping something got corrupted and it can be fixed by a clean start. I have Prime enabled and nothing can be found, but Search does know enough to show the proper icon (TV or Amazon) under the thumbnail. Still negative search results.

6. May 9, 2017 #6 of 13
    JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    What did you do! I entered an A, went to American, The and after a Blue Spinning Circle I got the data. Awesome.

7. May 9, 2017 #7 of 13
    csell

csell Member

Apr 16, 2007
    Just as expected - I got a response from Tivo support saying that I am probably experiencing network connectivity problems and I should reboot my router which should solve the problem.... Ummm, no. Good try.

8. May 9, 2017 #8 of 13
    cherry ghost

cherry ghost Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2005
    Chicago
    It works properly for me through Search.

9. May 9, 2017 #9 of 13
    JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    I didn't do anything. There was a VCM connection, but no restart and I know it's not my network. But why is mine working and yours isn't? I'm back to having text under the art work also. This is getting weird.

I could ask why one Roamio and not the other also.

If you do a restart, a connection will happen after 20 minutes automatically. You may not get new guide data however.

10. Johnny Danger

Johnny Danger Member

Dec 27, 2016
    Do this is broken on a lot of people's TIVO? If will still record if you do a onepass recording?

Is Tivo aware of the problem. Maybe this is something that can be fixed with firmware update?

Thank.

11. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    It wasn't broken by a firmware update. If you select a program from the guide there is no issue with creating a 1P. Only Search failed. Is your Search failing to find episodes? Mine is working now. I thought I was the only one with a problem until today.

12. Johnny Danger

Johnny Danger Member

Dec 27, 2016
    It was failing however I had just upgraded the hard drive and it was in the process of connecting and downloading a channel guide.
    I figured it was because it was in this process however I have not check it since. I saw this post and though maybe it was an wide spread problem.

I will let you know if the problem is still going on when I get home. '

Thanks.

13. csell

csell Member

Apr 16, 2007
    I reported it to Tivo and they returned with a generic answer stating that I am probably having connectivity issues and I should reboot my router and the Tivo. That is not the issue.