1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Search and Apps Grayed Out

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by soccermeister, Nov 14, 2017 at 1:35 PM.

1. soccermeister

soccermeister New Member

Jan 23, 2006
    I installed my Tivo Bolt+ 3TB a couple of days ago. From Tivo Central, the Search and Apps are grayed out and do not respond when I click on them. Does it take time for these to function or am I missing something?

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Settings, Help, Account & System Info, System Information. Do all the dates look ok?

3. soccermeister

soccermeister New Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Yup, dates look fine. INdexing was done Tuesday the 14th at 4:41 am, GC Monday the 13th. VCM Connection successful today, scheduled again later today.

4. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Sorry, but I'm out of guesses. I know what you see is abnormal. Also, the combination of Apps and Search is weird. Search by itself would be a TiVo server problem, but it would also have What to Watch Now grayed out. If you have tried the usual restart, then I hope you get help here and not have to call Asia.

5. soccermeister

soccermeister New Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Strange, I rebooted the Tivo and now the Search and Apps links are working

6. ajwees41

ajwees41 Well-Known Member

May 7, 2006
    Omaha,NE

I know youm said it's fixed, but it sounds like network connection issues or even the tivo software that handles the networking stuff