TiVo Community Forum banner
  • TiVoCommunity.com Ambassador Program Now Open! >>> Click Here

SDV Tuning Adapter-Time Warner

142K views 758 replies 226 participants last post by  trailmix 
#1 ·
I filled out a SDV Tuning Adapter order form on the Time Warner Website, and received the following reply:

October 16, 2008

Thank you for your request for the SDV Tuning Adapter. Your Pre-Order has been received. At this time the Tuning Adapter is not available to the public but is currently undergoing testing to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction upon release; which we will begin deployments later this year. We do not have a specific release date for your area, but once the Tuning Adapter becomes available a service representative will contact you to schedule the installation.

Thank you,

D. Jacobs
Corporate Tuning Adapter Desk
Time Warner Cable

#4 ·
at least they know what the heck it is and even have a department apparently, dealing with it. Cox doesn't even seem to understand what in the F it is.
Time Warner Charlotte even has techs that actually know what an HD TiVo is. Everytime they add SDV channels the CableCards in a TiVo go nuts. It happened to several Charlotte people with TiVo's lst wek and although it took 2 days, they solved the problem even though a part of the problem was a TiVo software issue.

I just hope when the Tuning Adapter is available, they will let me dod the install. I've trained too many installers about CableCards and their issues.

Waiting .....................

#6 ·
Can you post a link to the TWC website where I can fill out a request for the Tuning Adapter? I now it was on another thread for a different market but I can't find it. Thanks.
http://www.timewarnercable.com/Corporate/Products/DigitalCable/sdv/default.html

Edit: Note that if they don't have the page set up for your area yet, it just flips you to your local division's webpage. So sometimes it isn't so useful. The divisions that have the page up seem to mostly have it in the same place. For example www.timewarnercable.com/"division name"/products/cable/sdv/default.html.
Josh

#8 ·
Time Warner Charlotte even has techs that actually know what an HD TiVo is. Everytime they add SDV channels the CableCards in a TiVo go nuts. It happened to several Charlotte people with TiVo's lst wek and although it took 2 days, they solved the problem even though a part of the problem was a TiVo software issue.

I just hope when the Tuning Adapter is available, they will let me dod the install. I've trained too many installers about CableCards and their issues.

Waiting .....................
Actually TWC will require a truck roll but Comcast in their SDV areas aren't requiring one. It's probably for verification purposes for some reason. It's to prevent people who don't have cable card equipped tivo's get them. It's very easy to install. Just unplug your coax from the tivo and plug it into the cable in on the resolver, then plug in a coax cable from Cable out to the cable input. Finally just plug in a USB port and reboot the tivo. Then it should be ready. May have to complete guided setup again.

#9 ·
http://www.timewarnercable.com/Corporate/Products/DigitalCable/sdv/default.html

Edit: Note that if they don't have the page set up for your area yet, it just flips you to your local division's webpage. So sometimes it isn't so useful. The divisions that have the page up seem to mostly have it in the same place. For example www.timewarnercable.com/"division name"/products/cable/sdv/default.html.
Josh
Thanks for the link.
Time Warner in Torrance, CA has the form.

#10 ·
What was the tivo software issue? Don't think I saw anything about that.

#11 ·
I'm just up the road in Greensboro, NC. We had SDV long before Charlotte, but there's no mention of SDV on our local TWC website and no mention of a tuning adapter. I'm in contact with a higher-up at our local office, and he told me 8/26 that tests of the tuning adapter were set to begin "shortly" and pending successful results they would roll them out in the next few months.

I've emailed him again to ask for an update and also to ask them to add the SDV/Tuning Adapter info to our local page.

#15 ·
Like jacksonian I am in the Greensboro area. I contacted tech support to get an ETA for the tuning adapters and they told me they didn't know and to contact sales. I did, and they had no clue and told me to contact tech support. I'm glad someone over there knows what the adapters are.

#16 ·
Update for TWC Austin/Central Texas folks:

We had a technician here on Thursday who reported that the tuning adapter beta testing is starting in Austin... he thought it would be 20 people. He reported that he got an email about it "last week". We later called the Retention Team regarding a problem with our price lock following the tech visit, and that person also was familiar with the beta testing email, said we were the 2nd people he had spoken with that day about it, and took our name and contact info and promised to call us back if he finds out how to get into the beta testing...

Anyone else in Austin have any rumors to share? This would be exciting if true! I would love for some TCFers to be among the beta testers!

-NewAllie

#17 ·
I have TW-NorthEast Ohio, although I live in Sharpsville, PA. TWC bought out Adelphia in our area a few years ago. They don't have a link or info for the adapter on their web site, but I did write them and got this reply.

Dear Tony,

Thank you for contacting Time Warner Cable support. We always appreciate
the opportunity to respond to our customers.

I understand you want updates on tuning having tuning resolvers
available.

At this time these devices are not available. While there is testing of
similar devices in some areas of Time Warner Cable, we do not have a
time table for this to be released. We will be happy to let all of our
customers know once this is ready for our customers.

We value you as a customer. If you have any further questions or
concerns, please feel free to E-mail us again or contact our Live Chat
at the following link:
http://www.timewarnercable.com/CustomerService/chat/chat.ashx

Customer service is available 24x7.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to
E-mail us again or contact our Live Chat at the following link:

Sincerely,
James

Time Warner Cable Online Customer Service

#18 ·
#19 ·
at least they know what the heck it is and even have a department apparently, dealing with it. Cox doesn't even seem to understand what in the F it is.
Cablevision/Optimum is no better. I called asking about it and they thought I wanted a digital tuner for the transition from analog broadcasting to digital.

#20 ·
Like jacksonian I am in the Greensboro area. I contacted tech support to get an ETA for the tuning adapters and they told me they didn't know and to contact sales. I did, and they had no clue and told me to contact tech support. I'm glad someone over there knows what the adapters are.
Same area. I called a couple of weeks ago to ask and the phone rep didn't even have a clue what SDV was. After trying to explain it to her and her putting me on hold to ask someone else what I was talking about 3 times, I finally gave up and said "Thank you anyway."

I sent an email to them today as Greensboro doesn't have that SDV page set up yet.

#21 ·
Well.. here is my response email... I am on the phone with them now...

Dear Jed,

Thank you for contacting Time Warner Cable Support.

As per your e-mail, what I understand is that you want to know the
availability of tuning adapter for Cable Cards in TiVo unit in your
area.

I certainly guide you to the right support team.

Jed, the tuning adapters are available in your area. I request you to
contact our Sales Department on 1-866-874-2389. They would be glad to
assist you.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to
E-mail us again or contact our Live Chat at the following link:

Sincerely,
Adrian

Time Warner Cable Online Customer Service
Customer Support is available 24x7

#23 ·
Well, I am still on the phone. I was transferred from the Sales Dept to the Tech Support Dept. The Sales Dept lady, after 2 holds, said she talked to her lead, and they told her it was an external device so Tech support had to handle it.

Got transferred to tech support and they said I was talking to sales in Raleigh. ugggh... Anyway, she is checking into it right now...

#24 ·
Not surprisingly, they have no idea what I am talking about and said "nothing of the sort even exists" followed by "now could you explain to me again exactly what you are trying to do with this adapter?"

Obviously she had no idea what i was talking about and talking to her lead tech she must have been giving him all the wrong info.

BUT, she asked me to forward the email to her supervisor to look at, along with my description of the issue... We will see where that goes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.