SD menus popping up

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by TitanTiger, Jun 23, 2017.

1. TitanTiger

TitanTiger Member

May 5, 2009

Advertisements

I have a set up with a Roamio Plus, a Premiere and a Mini all connected via MoCA. I am in the process of replacing the Premiere I have (2-tuners) with a Premiere 4 (4-tuners).

The Premiere 4 can see the Roamio on the MoCA network and get to My Shows, but when it does, it reverts to the old SD menus instead of staying HD. My old Premiere does not do this.

I've double checked the Menu option in Settings, even switched to SD, then back to HD. But it's still happening. Not the end of the world, but mildly annoying and I'd like to fix it. Thoughts?

2. tatergator1

tatergator1 Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2008
    Columbus, Ohio
    I was experiencing the same issue a few years ago while I was still using a Powerline Ethernet setup. After a few days of testing various setups and configurations, it became clear that the issue was the network connection itself. There was some level of unreliability with the Powerline Ethernet setup, and those intermittent connection problems were enough to trigger a reversion to the SD menus when remotely viewing another box, and even difficulty in remotely connecting between the boxes at all.

Bottom line, there's some level of interference on the coax line that's degrading the MoCA signal, or one of your MoCA devices is glitching. You'll have to do some testing on various configurations to try and isolate whether it's the MoCA hardware in a box or otherwise, or if your home's coax is the problem. I would try running the Premiere 4 off an Ethernet connection for a few days and monitor the reliability. It's possible that the Premiere 4's internal MoCA hardware may be causing the unreliability.

3. TitanTiger

TitanTiger Member

May 5, 2009
    I didn't mention, right now I still have my old Premiere connected to a MoCA adapter, but the new one is using a Tivo Wireless N Adapter just for ease of getting it on the network. I'll play around with that and see if that fixes the issue.

4. TitanTiger

TitanTiger Member

May 5, 2009
    This appeared to resolve on its own. I didn't get to mess with anything until this weekend and I suddenly noticed the HD menus were working. Thanks!