SD-H400 & HDTV

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by JadeWolf07, Jan 21, 2006.

1. JadeWolf07

JadeWolf07 New Member

Jan 1, 2004

Advertisements

Hey I just got an HDTV for my birthday and was wondering if anyone can help me out.

I'm trying to hook my SD-H400 back up to the HDTV (Samsung TX-R2779H), presumably through my new HD cable box (Scientific Atlanta Explorer 4200HD), but I have no idea how to do so.

Can anyone please help me out?

Thanks so much-

2. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    It would help if you listed the inputs that the TV has.

Anyway that TiVo would connect to the TV using component to get the best picture for DVD playback.

The HD cable box would be connected via DVI or HDMI for best PQ.

The HD box would be connected to the TiVo using S-video in order for it to record.

3. JadeWolf07

JadeWolf07 New Member

Jan 1, 2004
    Hey you can find the inputs listed here:http://www.samsung.com/Products/TV/SlimFitHDTV/files/tx-r2779ha.pdf

Thanks so much again--

4. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    Thanks for that link, looks like a nice TV.

My suggestions above still stand for your conenctions.

5. JadeWolf07

JadeWolf07 New Member

Jan 1, 2004

Advertisements

Is it possible to get an inexpensive DVI to HDMI cable? All the ones I've seen have been $90+

EDIT- And is there someway I can hook it up without that cable for the time being so I can use my TiVo before I buy it?

Thanks again--

6. moneytrain8

moneytrain8 New Member

Feb 8, 2005
    White Marsh, MD
    Monoprice is the best place online for DVI/HDMI cables. I bought a DVI to HDMI one there when I first got my TV, and then when Comcast came out with an HDMI box, I bought the regular HDMI cable from them... Prices are as low as you'll find, good customer service, and very quick shipping! I got my cable three days after ordering.

No, I do not work for them! ha ha ha... Just a surprisingly satisified customer. After seeing $150 Monster cables, I was skeptical about paying $18 for one... But I compared the two, and there's no difference at all, IMO.

7. SteelersTiVo

SteelersTiVo Steelers Fan

Aug 18, 2005
    Rochester, NY
    Monoprice is the way to go. I also do not work for them but they are by far the cheapest cables around. I have heard nothing but good things about them & just ordered long length S-Video & component cables from them yesterday.