SD and HD guide different?

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by michael1248, Aug 21, 2011.

1. michael1248

michael1248 Member

Feb 14, 2002
    So...I watch the NASCAR Nationwide race yesterday which I had set to record with plus 1 hour because it was a live event. Before I turn the TV off, I delete the recording and check my To Do list for today (Sunday 8/21) to make sure that the NASCAR Sprint Cup race is set to record. All is fine.....

Until I am watching my morning news and notice that the record light has not come on. Here's what I find:

(1) Saturday's NASCAR Nationwide race was recorded again in the middle of the night. (The shortened repeat version on ESPN.)

(2) The menu guide for ESPNHD is different from the analog ESPN (SD) guide. Sunday's NASCAR Sprint Cup race is not on the menu guide...even though it is actually being broadcast live on ESPNHD. Luckily, I didn't miss much and hit the record button.

Never had this happen before.

Ideas?

2. rainwater

rainwater Active Member

Sep 21, 2004
    There was a late change to the guide data that replaced Nascar racing with IndyCar racing. Not sure why the information changed because it was correct before. To be clear, TiVo nor Tribune (the guide data provide) correlate ESPN and ESPNHD. They are separate channels so it is possible for their to be slight differences when there is a mistake in the data.